Saturday, September 06, 2008

Septembers

Septembers. Our birthdays are in September. Why wouldn't it be my favorite month? It has always been the hope for new beginnings. It promises Fall, to end the summer heat. It offers new life as I put another year's mistakes behind me and "swear this year will be different". When I was young, it was the beginning of a new school year. A chance to reconnect with lost friends.....just as I'm doing now.

September promises.

It always has.
We've spent 6 months searching, toiling, learning, sufferring, hoping, losing, trying again.

We met the worlds worst realtor (I'll never forget you Ashley. You were a life-lesson if ever there was one!) and we've met a wonderful replacement. (Thank you Deanna...for taking our hands, bringing us hope and for being a friend.)
As today begins, we wait for word. This is #3. Three has ALWAYS been my lucky number. I sincerely hope it is now.

A silent prayer plays over in my mind. "Let them accept our offer. Let this not be a mistake. Let this be a new beginning...again."
Let me finally find a home. A HOME.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so nice Agnes :D
I so hope you'll get it too :)) Nothing more nerve wrecking than waiting for news like that.

And my baby sis got her birthday this month as well...gotta find something to send her.

Thanks for poppin' in btw :D And thanks for the giggles from that cartoon....hehehehe

tsduff said...

Aggie - I think your middle name is September, because you embody all of those things within your very self: hope, renewal, Fall, quiet determination... relief from the heat :)

I hope your third time IS the charm. It is a fine looking house, and I love the porch. Got my fingers crossed for luck. It is time for things to go your way.
xo

Autumn Storm said...

Crossing all my bits just for you.
Wonderful as always to see you. Old friend, and that has nothing to do with the 17th. :-) Love and hugs to you, xoxo

Trée said...

All the best with the house Aggie.

Agnes said...

THEY ACCEPTED OUR OFFER!!! YAY!

I spent a little time yesterday patting myself on the back.

1) I have arranged to purchase a very nice house at a great price with a 5.5% interest rate and I'll be out no more than $5500! (pat pat pat)

2) Our washing machine quit working and I took it apart and fixed it all by myself. (pat pat pat)

All in all, a sucessful day!! I don't get many so I'm going to savor this one a while. :)~

Autumn Storm said...

Yay! Most excellent news, very happy and excited for the both of you!

PS Well done you x2 :-)

When do you move?

tsduff said...

Agnes - I always knew you were no slouch whcn it comes to being mechanically inclined.... :) Good show getting the washer fixed. Saved yourself a few pennies I bet.

The house reminded me of the house Natalie Wood wanted in "Miracle on 34th Street"

Agnes said...

We're currently waiting to see if the sellers will replace the roof...so the whole thing is in limbo. That was the only thing wrong when inspection was done. The roof is just a few years too old to insure.

Terry, now I've gotta go watch Miracle on 34th again. LOL

Love to you all.
Aggie