Saturday, August 08, 2009

2009-July & August

I'm still here....but so very busy these days. We have a new pet. Baby Sparrow is 23 days old now. It was 7 days when we found it. It had lost it's home to a storm. It's pretty amazing watching something that helpless learn and grow so quickly. Every day is a new experience. Everyone should go through this once.
Sophie Jo, our Momma Calico has breast cancer. We found it in May. She had 2 of 4 left breasts surgically removed. She has had 3 rounds of chemo. Now we have a new lump in the 3rd breast. It's small. I hope we get it this time.

Love to all of you who still hang around.
I can be found on Facebook most days. I'm listed as Agnes Mitchell. There probably isn't another Agnes Mitchell out there so feel free to look me up.
All the best, always.
Aggie

7 comments:

Agnes said...

Turns out there are quite a few Agnes Mitchells on Facebook. My profile pic will always be a cat or cats. Calico, gray or black.
Much love,
Aggie

Christa said...

There were quite a few Agnes Mitchells...but yours the only one with that kitty in the profile pic...as you said :)

Sorry to hear about the breast cancer and Sophie Jo. Hope it won't get too bad and that it's been caught in time :)

tsduff said...

I'm in love with your baby :)

And truly so sorry to hear of Momma Calico...

I love that you are alive and kicking - watching your clock tick is fun (the one on the wall silly) :)

Agnes said...

Hi Terry!! LOL watching the clock tick. That's one of those old 70s cat clocks.
You can watch the full sized video on my cam page. I move the camera around to keep an eye on the house or the cats or the bird. You can see me around 5:20-5:40 central most nights...and occasionally between noon and noon-thirty weekdays.
Baby Bird (who has no name) is 5 weeks old tomorrow. I'm stil amazed we were able to save him. They sell formula nowadays. Mix and squirt. LOL
Sophie's doing ok. She doesn't know she's sick. We're going to look into holistic options next.
Love you bunches. Hope you and your Bear are doing wonderfully well. I'll see you on Facebook. :)

Agnes said...

Oops - forgot to add the cam link.
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sophie-jo-cat---post-surgery

tsduff said...

How's birdie doing? xo

Agnes said...

Hi Terry, Birdie is doing wonderfully well. 44 days old. It loves eggshells and applesauce. We keep giving it "test" foods. I haven't found any meat substances that it likes. It has a high protien egg food (looks like breadcrumbs). I don't think it eats much of that. I make a kitten food/weaning biscuit soaked mix. It nibbles at that. There is a bug-based food that I'm going to buy next. ($15.00/bag!!!) I just think it isn't right for birdie to be a vegetarian. LOL
Every night he gets to come out and fly around the patio (cats locked in the house). He only flies to us or to the cage. Just won't land on anything else. It's a pet. No chance of setting it free.
That's ok, I like to listen to it sing. It sings a LOT. LOL
Hugs to you hon.
Love, Aggie