Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy New Year 2008

Happy and Healthy


May you all have a happy, healthy, safe new year filled with joy and memories.
Remember to hold the ones you love above all other things in this life.


(Each year I spend a good while searching for the "perfect" New Year's graphic. New Years day has always been so important to me. I think it's my favorite holiday - right after Independence Day. Maybe it's just the fireworks. I like fireworks.

Actually, I've always seen New Years Day as a new beginning. It implies hope. It says "Throw away the mistakes of the past. Start over. Make good. Be happier."
Hope is good. Damned hard to find sometimes, but good. Necessary even.

We lost my father on 12/31/05. He didn't make it into 2006. That makes the holiday hard. It marks the time gone by just a little too clearly. Regardless, I gain perspective from it as well. I note the changes in the world that he's not a part of. The changes that I am a part of. The things that I have to take the time to enjoy for him. For us.

I leave you today with the words from The Eagles' new album Long Road Out of Eden. The song is "It's Your World Now".
It's our world now. That's how it's supposed to be.

Wishing you all Peace, Love, Hope, Kindness and the eyes of a child to view your world through.

Aggie.

A PERFECT DAY – THE SUN IS SINKIN’ LOW
AS EVENING FALLS, THE GENTLE BREEZES BLOW
THE TIME WE SHARED WENT BY SO FAST
JUST LIKE A DREAM, WE KNEW IT COULDN’T LAST

BUT I’D DO IT ALL AGAIN, IF I COULD SOMEHOW
BUT I MUST BE LEAVIN’ SOON
IT’S YOUR WORLD NOW

IT’S YOUR WORLD NOW – MY RACE IS RUN
I’M MOVING ON, LIKE THE SETTING SUN
NO SAD GOODBYES; NO TEARS ALLOWED
YOU’LL BE ALL RIGHT
IT’S YOUR WORLD NOW

EVEN WHEN WE ARE APART
– YOU’LL ALWAYS BE IN MY HEART
WHEN DARK CLOUDS APPEAR IN THE SKY,
REMEMBER TRUE LOVE NEVER DIES
BUT FIRST A KISS – ONE GLASS OF WINE
JUST ONE MORE DANCE, WHILE THERE’S STILL TIME
MY ONE LAST WISH: SOMEDAY YOU’LL SEE
- HOW HARD I TRIED AND HOW MUCH YOU MEANT TO ME

IT’S YOUR WORLD NOW
USE WELL YOUR TIME
BE PART OF SOMETHING GOOD
LEAVE SOMETHING GOOD BEHIND
THE CURTAIN FALLS
I TAKE MY BOW
THAT’S HOW IT’S MEANT TO BE
IT’S YOUR WORLD NOW

8 comments:

Trée said...

Happy New Year Aggie. :-)

Autumn Storm said...

Wishing you all the best for 2008!

Christa said...

Happy 2008!! May it be brighter and better than ever before :D

tsduff said...

Aggie - wishing you all thing new and good in the next year ahead. Your reflections are sober, but yet hope is there. I love that you chose the Eagles to ponder their words... at my husband's service in April 2004, I played one of his favorites "Already Gone"... because he was.

May you find peace and prosperity in 2008. xo

illusions said...

Happy New Year! I hope you get loads of happiness and peace :)

You said "Hope is good. Damned hard to find sometimes, but good. Necessary even."

Once I spoke, actually wrote, bad about the boomeranging "Hope", and you left a comment on the post. I tried locating the comment, but couldn't :(, hence can't simply copy-paste. I do recollect your words though and they were something like this "...Hope is the basis of humanity, human development, living..." Your comment had a wonderful impact on me and since then boomeranging Hope has stopped goofing around and I know it's my world now!

The lyrics are wonderful. Its unfortunate I am yet to hear the song/album.

On a totally different note, its a wonderful post to start the year.

Becky L said...

Hope the new year is good to you!

Oliviah said...

I want to wish you a very happy new year.

Agnes said...

Happy New Year to each of you. Nice to see your faces here. Hugs to Tree, Autumn and Becky. Christa, I have the darnedest time finding your blog anymore. One day I'll remember to re-link it. SEND ME THE LINK.
Terry, I sent the new Eagles CD to Mom for Christmas and she sent me an e-mail saying "THANK YOU! THE EAGLES ARE THE BEST BAND EVER!" LOL I guess that pretty much sums it up for us. I suppose we'll play an Eagle's tune at my service too...but it will be Hotel California or Desperado. LOL :) Love and hugs to you.

Rupen, I'm stunned to find that my words have affected you so deeply that you recall them now. That's a pretty moving experience for me. It reminds me of the ripple effect. If my words come to you, and you send them off to someone else, and that someone is moved and shares....my little thought could change the world. :) I know that's lofty thinking but it reminds me to think of kindness first. That is something I need reminding of often. Thank you for that! A very happy new year and much love to you. I hope you are able to get the album soon. It is full of very touching lyrics.

Oliviah, It's very nice to see you here. I went to your blog recently and noticed a lack of updates. I wasn't certain if you were still lurking about. My heart is happier because you are. :)

All the best to you all.
Aggie