Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Trying to catch up (a.k.a the superlong post from hell)

Yes. The new cats have taken over the house. They have broken us down to our most basic selves and built us back up as their slaves. We now, joyfully, provide every amenity of comfort at all times.
In return, they make silly meowing noises at random times (this keeps us on our toes) and they occasionally pounce a toy to see if we'll come running and, once again, emit coos while repeating "isn't that the cutest thing"?
It's all very embarrassing.
Momma Kitty says "Pthththththt!"



My best friend was approved to volunteer at Baylor Children's Hospital. This is supposed to be theraputic. I'll leave it at that.
Otherwise, she's doing fairly well.

My hubby went to Albuquerque to visit his brother and new neice. His parents flew there from North Carolina so it was a pretty good get-together. The only downside is the very recent diagnosis of my hubby's father's bladder cancer. He's quite uncomfortable and a plan of attack has yet to be determined. However, his father is an amazingly upbeat person so I have a great deal of hope.

Mom's doing fairly well. My sister is now 7 months re-pregnant. We will have a new girl in the family in January. Nora Beth. I'm excited. We all are.
This will be the sister of that little boy I keep posting...and, of course, I just did again. Can you believe those curls? I'm such a proud aunt.

Also, if anyone can translate this:

...it would be greatly appreciated. I've looked everywhere trying. We were told that the top symbols meant "Endurance" and the bottom one "Justice". We now think it was something entirely different. They were Jessica's tatoos. Her mother wants to get them now...but not without knowing what they really mean.

Finally, I did a quick look back. October 18th, 2005 - one year ago....oblivion. It seems like a minute ago and a century ago. It's a good feeling to look back at that. Good and bittersweet. Oh, to be that child again. The one in the picture and the one who was looking at the picture.

Peace, love, hope, happiness and FREE HUGS to every one of you. I hope this post finds you in a comfortably bored place in life. :) There's a helluva lot to say for comfortable boredom. Don't ever take a good rut for granted.
Aggie

15 comments:

Trée said...

I'm just smiling to see you post again. :-)

Autumn Storm said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Autumn Storm said...

(sorry, the above is mine)

All smiles here too, so good to see you! :-)

Going to download the image and ask, I'll let you know of course, if I find out what it means.

Post as many pictures of those curls as you like, can easily stand it. Expecting doubles from January. :-)

Things seem hectic, but generally good, I'm glad. Really is so good to see you. Have a wonderful Wednesday and rest of the week.

All the best to your father-in-law.

Love and hugs, x

Christa said...

Nice to see that you're still alive. I thought that cat managed to overwhelm you all together ;)

I hope that the "therapy" works for your friend. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Congrats to your sister and to you for having that baby girl. Sweet name is it too :)

And I have no clue what those symbols means. A tattooist might be able to help you if there's a good one in town.

And yawp, a year is going by way too fast these days. That boys curls looks like my sisters when she was a kid. Also meant a lot of tears when mom or granny brought out the hair brush ;)

Take care of yourself Agnes and be good. The kitty IS adorable btw :D But then, you know me :p

Becky L said...

your cats sound adorable.
i'd love to have pets. Though i'm not sure erica would like it. she's scared to death of dogs. not sure about cats though...

tsduff said...

I am loving to watch your cute boy grow... those curls just melt me away :-)(I'm very partial to long hair).

So happy to catch a glimpse of you Agnes - hugs to you :-)

Agnes said...

:) Thanks all, for dropping in on me. Nice to see all your smiling comments.

Becky, get that baby a small dog. For yourself and for her. It's a great bond and it will cure her of the fear. Maybe a Yorkie? Tree has lots of good things to say about yorkies.

Thanks Autumn for checking out that tatoo. Christa, we tried tatoo parlors but most of them just go by charts on the walls. Amazing how every chart says something else. I read how a woman got a chinese symbol she thought read "crazy ink" but in fact, it read "fat belly". See...I think they're pulling a joke on us. lol

Terry, my sister loves those curls...except when she has to try to comb them. Christa was spot on about the tangles. (investing in No More Tears kid's shampoo.)
She hasn't cut them yet but she's talking about him needing "a trim". He does kinda look like a 70s child. LOL

Tree, you never did tell me how to put that accent mark over the e on my laptop. I just can't make it work. ARGH! Always good to see you. Moonlight hugs to you...and to all of you.

tsduff said...

Agnes - it's all about cut and paste :-D Trée just likes to make us work hard :-) There is no other way that I'm aware of to make his name look like it should. He is a troublemaker ;-)

Oliviah said...

The only creatures I know with a shorter attention span than I have are my cats. I was watching Gracie all curled up in a comfy kitty trance, when suddenly, she leaped up several feet in the air & "killed" some invisible enemy--but before she had quite landed back on the ground she caught a glimpse of the feather toy off to the side, pounced on that & entered a battle for life! Then apparently she "forgot" she was in mortal combat, sat down & went right back into her trance. All of this in less than 3 minutes. ;)

Hugs to you...

Autumn Storm said...

Not heard back yet, fingers crossed I'll be successful.

Happy Friday and weekend - really is sooo good to see you posting again!!

tsduff said...

Your cute boy boy has such laughing eyes :-)

Agnes said...

:) Terry, laughing eyes is probably the best genetic description of my entire family. This kid reminds me that we have the gift of true laughter between us and it is moving down the generations.

Oliviah, Short attention span! You got that right on the money. LMAO the mortal combat description. Mishu recently went into mortal combat with a roll of toilet paper. The TP put up one helluva fight...but, of course, Mishu won.
Just reading about your Gracie made me tired. LOL

Autumn, no hurry on the translation. If we get lucky enough to get it translated at all, we'll be in good shape. I think it might be a name. Don't really know yet.
We tried tatoo parlors but those people can't actually read it. They have walls of symbols they got from who-knows-where and they don't really know what they mean. It could be one big Chinese joke on Americans. ;)~

Hugs and love.

Agnes said...

PS - I'm working my way through all of your sites...trying to catch up with your lives. It's slow process.
See ya soon though. :)

Trée said...

Have a great weekend my sweet sexy boot wearing woman. :-)

Autumn Storm said...

Happy Weekend, xo