Wednesday, December 13, 2006

12-13-06 In Heat...

(that title was for you Tree)

Sniffle. "My baby's a teenager!"

On December 12th, exactly 6 months from the day she was born, that little grey baby went into heat. (dun dun dundunnnnnn)

She then ran a grand coup to take over the world. She started with her mother - who she challenged for bragging rights and ownership of all catnip-smelling items. She won. Her mother (who is fixed) ended up a very wet and annoyed cat. Wet because the humans attempted to intervene with the heat in a meek attempt to retain control of all things not kitty-related.
With water-bottles blazing from both hips, we charged the screaming, growling, twisting mass of fur. "NO!" we screamed. "STOP!" we demanded. Yet neither of us dared to get close enough to risk the razor sharp, spinning claws.
Finally it broke. Enough water was used to coral the mother. With nothing but our wits (and a bag of kitty goodies) we coaxed the feral She-ra back into our arms. And then we tossed her PMSing butt into the bathroom and shut the door.

The morning shower's going to be a challenge today. I'll be sharing the bathroom with a cat who desperately needs a Midol.

How long does heat last? (I know...I'm Googling!)
Happy HUMPDAY - LITERALLY! When things go wrong today, just remind yourself "At least I don't have a cat in heat living in my bathroom."

Hugs and love.

6 comments:

Trée said...

One of my dogs is in heat at the moment too. Must be something in the air. So, how are you feeling? :-D

Christa said...

Depends on what kinda heat you're talking about. If she is in the need of a male cat, that can go on and on for months :s
If it's a matter of regular fights between them, that can be a rival thing. Cats have their private space and they are very keen on keeping it to themselves. If another cat is crossing that space (which they do eventually) it's bound to pan into a fight of some kind.

I used to have a female cat who in the end couldn't stand anyone around her (Chris had her put to sleep about a year ago I believe for that reason), and she wouldn't even let her own kittens indoors. That was after they grew up and became independant.
So it can be very touchy.

Hope it'll sort out though :)

Have a Happy WedgieDay :hugs:

Autumn Storm said...

"At least I don't have a cat in heat living in my bathroom."
:-D
That's what I'm going to walk around mumbling if I get in a strop from now on.
Happy Humpday, x

illusions said...

LOL...two weeks back I went to a park to see a real wild tiger. Came back with photos of deer and more deer...the tiger is so very elusive, I do wonder what happens to the jungle when they are on heat!

Agnes said...

LOL Tree, I'm not feeling anything like the dog or the cat. I'm feeling like the cat is getting fixed real soon. ARGH! THE NOISE! THE WHINING!

Christa, it's the "in need of a boy" kind. She and her mother have wrestled in the past. Never once a fight over domination. Her mother seems to be submissive to her. I guess most mothers are - giving up for the child and all.
I sure hope Mishu calms down after being fixed (TOMORROW). She rules the house already. I'd hate for her to continue the fights with her Mom.

Autumn, Oh, how I envy you the ability to say "at least I don't have a cat in heat in my bathroom." Maybe next week I too will be able to gain some perspective that way. LOL
What the heck is a strop? ;)

Rupen! I cannot imagine an enormous tiger going through this whining, rubbing, rolling, fighting mess. What would be worse than a wild one in the jungle would be a tame one in a zoo or with a keeper. OMG. Do they just put them in a really big pen and leave them alone!! Do they get them fixed when they're kittens to avoid the mood swings? If so, tigers are not being bred in captivity....and I know why.

tsduff said...

Oh, Aggie I'm sorry for you! I've had a cat in heat - what a mess that is! Howling, whining, putting her rear end up to anything and everything... - they have no shame! :-) (and yours look so cute and innocent all curled up to nicely... that gray one is beautiful!