Tuesday, December 19, 2006

12-19-06 Tuesday



Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother rather than all major credit cards.
-Robert Orben

The U.S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself.
-Benjamin Franklin

The way you overcome shyness is to become so wrapped up in something that you forget to be afraid.
-Lady Bird Johnson

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.
-Louisa May Alcott

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
-Unknown

You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
-Christopher Robin to Pooh

3 comments:

Christa said...

hehe...I love Pooh's philosophy. Somehow he's always right about what he has to say :D

Have a great Troutday, Agnes :hugs:

Autumn Storm said...

Me too, love Pooh Bear. :-)
Happy Wednesday, Aggie, I always love your quote posts, always something to take away.
xo

tsduff said...

Pooh, but especially Piglet always has good things to say. I love them - and I have to say I'm like you about those tradional things. My brother and I always listen for Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant, as well as Cheech and Chong. I DON'T have them recorded, so it was awesome to hear them. Amazing, the amount of nostalgia they generate...I love your posts.