Wednesday, December 06, 2006

12-6-2006 It is time....

It is time for a quote post....in order to clean out the e-mails I'm holding in my inbox for just such an occasion. I hope you feel just a little wiser by the end.


The purpose of life is not to be happy. The purpose of life is to matter, to be productive, to have it make some difference that you lived at all.
-Arthur H. Prince

When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength. Give thanks for your food, and the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies with yourself.
-Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
-Will Rogers

Most of us spend our lives as if we have another one in the bank.
-Ben Irwin

6 comments:

Christa said...

Beautiful words and a stunning image today. Looks like a band of glowing pearls.

I like the last quote a lot. Too many of us take life for granted...unfortunately.

Hope yer doing good, girlie :hugs:

Trée said...

Magnificent image Aggie. And for you hon, I'll hold out for the WAXING. I only have one life in the bank, so don't let me accure too much interest. Now bring that wax and I'll bring my long board, shiny and bright and stiff, just perfect for riding the waves; and you don't even need your boots. :-D

tsduff said...

Great quote by Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief. I woke up this a.m. in the dark of my room, and found myself giving thanks for this day that the Lord has made... haven't felt that way in a while. I am very grateful for my life, and need to remember that always. Hey, those pearls are stunning... :-D

Becky L said...

"...If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies with yourself."

Wow, thats so true. A really good reminder.

i've been so stressed lately by my ultra irritable and rebellious toddler that its been hard to feel thankful for anything. wow, that really stinks of me.

Autumn Storm said...

Such a nice frac! Likely it's just the colour more than anything, but I'm reminded of the photos I received when I went for a pregnancy scan, most clear was the spinal cord bent over as she lay.
Love the quotes, each and everyone of them. Nodded my head in agreement with the first, for the second I'm so grateful that I do that - I couldn't always find reasons, the third yet again very true, and the fourth filled me with that thought that I try to ignore most of the time, that though I am very aware of the clock ticking, most of the time I seem to live that way, putting things off...
Very nice post, Aggie, something to mull and something to thrill the eye.
Happy Thursday, xoxo

Phred said...

Will Rogers.. one of my favorites.
Merry CHRISTMAS Agnes.