Friday, March 23, 2007

3-23-07 Just blue...


Sorry for my absence. I have been blue.
The kitty is still alive, and doing better. It was a long road, without much sleep, to get to this point. The lack of sleep sent me into a depression and the husband into crankiness. That's not a fun combo - and we're not out of it yet.

My new boss has been out for two weeks and will be out again next week. She is 53yrs old and has been stricken with appendicitis. She was misdiagnosed by one of those drive-in doctors. (PrimaCare, CareNow, etc) He told her she had a stomach flu and sent her home with anti-nausea meds. A week later her appendix ruptured and she's been hospitalized. It has been difficult for her.
As much as I sympathize, and I do sympathize, I am left in a new job doing her job. I am overwhelmed. I am exhausted. This has only served to deepen the depression.

Finally, my best friend is suicidal. Her daughter died in August of last year. She has attempted suicide twice. She has been hospitalized both times. She is then released and told to see a therapist. She has tried therapists. They do no good.
The last one told her to "make a list of all the losses you've suffered in your life". This only served to depress her more.
I cannot save her. I don't know how.
Call 911, send them to her apartment, have her hospitalized, wash, rinse, repeat.
I've lost hope. She will die. I know this. I am powerless to stop it.
I will understand when she does it.

For all those people out there who are diligently analyzing Anna Nicole's tragic death, I ask that you stop. It doesn't matter if she was a drug addict. It doesn't matter her mental stability.
She lost her son.
She killed herself.
I understand.
Leave her be.

I'm so very sorry to come here and tell of only sorrow. We have our downtimes in life. I'm having one. For me, it will pass......and surely enough....it will come again.
This is one thing I've learned about getting older. There are a lot more tragedies to live through.

I wish you all well. I hope you are healthy and happy and have someone to hug and love.
Blessings on you all.
I will be back soon - in a much better mood, I hope.
Love,
Aggie

8 comments:

Trée said...

{deep listening}

Always here if you need me. Love.

Autumn Storm said...

Hugs to you, Aggie, wish they were real and not just words.
Take care, thinking of you, x

Becky L said...

there is so much going on for you. its understandable that you've been 'down.'

i can relate to the depression, though from different sources. it is encouraging to hear you say 'it will pass.'

tsduff said...

Hey hon - it must have taken a lot of energy just to write about all of this. What a bummer to have it all hit the fan at once. I am aware of how much the losing of your friend's daughter cost you emotionally. How much I wish I could tell you how to ease your anquish about your friend now. You know the scoop in your head - but your heart just can't take the hurt. Hugs to you - hold on and just try to keep steady as she goes...

Glad your boss is healing - I know you are doing the best you possibly can at work to cover the load, but Aggie - don't knock yourself out any more than you have to. You can't do everything you know... ((((((Aggie))))))

Autumn Storm said...

Hugs to you, Aggie, as Friday approaches. Hope you are doing okay, and wishing you a nice weekend.

illusions said...

Hey...about your friend and her condition, the fact that you are there for her is possibly the best action you can take. Time is the best healer and hiding the pain is the worst. Has she tried ACEM or Vipassana meditation techniques? The might help bring control back and come to terms.

You take care of yourself and your friend.

Trée said...

Thinking of you and wishing you a weekend filled with peace and love. Take care my dear Aggie.

Autumn Storm said...

Just stopping by to say hey, and that I hope you're doing well. Love and hugs, x