Saturday, March 03, 2007

Alien Abduction?

It was a Monday night. The light shone into the bedroom window. Curiosity got the better of me. I had to look.
All I could see was the light. It was bright and warm and......
....and then I was on the spacecraft.
The room was dark. Multicolored lights flashed all around. Sound reverberated from the walls. What was that sound? It was oddly familiar. It was...wait...yes..."Everybody was Kung-Fu Fighting."
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yes, that's right. I was abducted by Disco Aliens.

I'm back now.

Ok, ok. I wasn't abducted. But it was a good story, right?

I honestly haven't even turned the computer on for two weeks now. (Imagine my e-mail inbox! Gads!)
I suppose an update is in order.

Kitty is doing ok. He's been most of our preoccupation for these past two weeks. See, he lives in the upstairs bedroom alone. He doesn't come down. This is because his eyesight is nearly nil and it's entirely his choice to stay in the confines of a space he is familar with. We promise not to move the furniture.
We've been trying desperately to regulate his diabetes with new insulin. We're using PZI which is made for animals. It is less than good. I could go into great detail about how the curve is supposed to be 24hrs, even though he gets insulin every 12hrs, and how it actually seems to be curving about every FOUR DAYS. I could tell about how is BG stays in the higher 300s and lower 400s regardless of our raising his dosage a bit every week.
None of it would make sense to anyone who doesn't do this to survive, so I'll spare most of the details. I will say that he seems better yesterday and today. At least his appetite is back. (which is good because he's skin and bones at 7.5lbs)
Today I'll try to get a new BG reading but we've worn out his little paws and blood samples are a challenge now. He's old. 19yrs. Circulation isn't his best feature.
Also, last night, for the first time since Mickey died, he wants to come downstairs - even go outside. We have to lock up Mishu and Sophie to let him wander. They are young and spry and would kick poor grampa-kitty's bum. We'll try this at least once a day. I hate do deprive him. He doesn't have that many years left in him.

Work is better. I'm learning. I'm also setting myself in a grand position. It's detailed but I've realized that I will be the only person in the whole company who has total knowledge of both the original company and the new one. Processing between companies is my territory. I'm laying the groundwork. (say "JOB SECURITY")
Aside from that, they still can't keep me busy enough to fill the days. I think that's changing though, since the webstore opened. I'd post a link but that will make me searchable, which goes against my anonymity. Anyway, the webstore is for customers to buy logo-imprinted stuff in max bulk. The webstore opened last week and I suspect it will double the business (and my job) rather quickly. Yay! Busy is so much better than bored.

Finally, my brother came to visit. Yay!! I hardly ever see him anymore. He's two years older and we grew up together. We have the same sense of humor and the same taste in music and a whole lot of the same memories. It's odd though. We talk so seldom but when we do it's so much fun. I miss him terribly but never seem to realize it until I hear his voice or see his face.
Life is funny that way, isn't it?

Well, that's my update. Grampa kitty is calling and I'm off to check on him. When I've got him settled a bit, I'll zip around the web a while. I got up early today just so I could go catch up.

Love and Hugs always!!!
Aggie

16 comments:

Agnes said...

Autumn, Hi hon. Thanks for popping by so often, even when my posts are stale. It's good to know you're out there. :)
I don't really know where that quote came from. I have a few sources for quotes. The most predominant one is ThinkExist - which is required for my brain to continue philosophizing this crazy life. LOL The rest are e-mail lists that collect up and give me sources for my famous "Quote Posts". I do love quotes.

I hope this post finds you well. I think about you daily and wonder about your world. Tell me a bit about how things are with you, your folks, your beautiful daughter...even the weather.

Hugs and an ocean of love to you.

Trée said...

Aggie, thanks for the update and thanks for the wonderfully kind words you left for me on DT. I can't begin to tell you how much that warmed my heart, which is a special gift I've seen in you from the beginning. Just so you know, I'm still smiling. :-)

So glad to hear work is getting better. Keep warm. My daughter in Dallas tells me you guys have a bit of a cold front moving in. Take care my sweet sexy blogger babe. :-)

See you at 10pm.

Agnes said...

Interruptions: Christa and Becky, I've been interrupted. I PROMISE I'll drop in before day's end.
Love and hugs.
Aggie

Autumn Storm said...

This may sound completely silly, but it's such a nice thought to know there is a cat being loved and cared for so thoroughly - it's just indicative of the good.

The more I thought about it, the more convinced I am that this quote is from that book, but even if it isn't, I recommend it highly, especially to you, I think you would like it immensely. It's short, so easily read in that respect, and it is just jam packed of wonderful insights just like this one. Do read it when you get a chance, and tell me what you thought of it.

Of course, now that things are picking up at work, it may be a while before that chance arises. So good to hear that all is going well and that you also have that extra sense of security - always a nice thing to have, peace of mind in that respect. Hope you have been making a ton of friends - of the can-enjoy-lunch-or-a-drink-after-work type and keep finding more and more reasons to be happy in this company.

All's good here, thanks. I've been working in my current job for almost 3 months now and I must admit, I was having waves, big ones, of wanting to go back home, but now that we have been here this long, the opportunity to do so has gone. M is settled and really it's a good thing to be here, I'm sure. So, now that that is settled, I'm going to start looking for something more permanent, something more challenging - though this job has fun elements, it is terribly monotonous and monotony is something I have a hard time dealing with - and where the hours are more conventional. All in all, things are pretty darn great, thanks for asking. Love and hugs to you, xxx

Autumn Storm said...

PS Loved the story! Not thanking you for the Fu though. :-D

tsduff said...

Hi Agnes - so good to see you alive and well. Your Grampa Kitty reminds me so much of our Big Kitty - rickety in body but alive and bright in mind. You are really going all out to make his last days comfortable - awe - I know how it is.

Glad to hear about the job settling in - as well as the job security part :-D

Oh, and thought you, Autumn and Trace a few days ago when I was in the store looking at greeting cards... I opened one up and it had a sound chip inside that started playing KUNG FU FIGHTING.... auuughhhh! But it was too late... it was already stuck in my head!
:-D

Anonymous said...

Abducted by disco aliens eh? LOL
Sure feels like that some days on this side of the planet too :p

It's good to hear that old kitty is getting what he needs. I know enough about diabetes in people to know it can be darn tricky to stabilize the bloodsugar once it began to sway. On a cat it must be even more difficult.
I hope you both will hang in there :)

To answer your question on my blog about SilverScreen - it's still hanging in that horrible vacuum with everything else that takes money to do. Nothing has happened and I've lost hope about it all together. Another week or two and I will take down the website too.

Other than that I'm fighting the docs in a lawsuit. Or waiting to do so. Paperwork takes time, ya know.

Be good and I'm thinking of you too across the pond :hugs: And good luck with kitty :)

Becky L said...

i'll have to bring erica down here to see your aliens dancing. i'm sure she'll love it. [she's turning two on friday... eek! how time has flown by!]

illusions said...

The other day I was watching a documentary on which punch is the most powerful. Apparantly, it was good old Boxing. Kung-fu came last in the category, but not to worry, it topped in the category agility. A form of Thai boxing has the most powerful kick. Also, the most deadly form of martial arts is Ninja. They have this killer punch which can kill a person instantly. Let me stop the guy talk!

Let's see your cat is mighty old and you take such good care of it. I really think that's good. Being loved in old age :) Do you also work for an animal shelter in your free time?

Nice to see you've fit in well at work. I usually have teething problems and land up missing my old place for quite a bit. Good luck!!!

Lastly, Shantaram is not a soap. When I compared it to the Thornbirds, it was for the writing style. Shantaram is a thriller and it is a true story of an Australian convict. And you better go read it (Yes, this is a threat!), before I send some aliens who can Box and perform some Ninjitsu stuff :))

Take care.

illusions said...

Oh yeah! Have stuck some photos up.

Agnes said...

Tree, You know it's no effort at all to tell you how wonderful you are in this world. Such a special soul!! Always there when I need a 10pm smile. :)
Yep, still cold down our way. I do wish for warm spring flowers. Soon enough, I know. You keep moving ahead with your story and your wonderful art. I'll keep gazing upon the beauty of both just like the promise of blooming springtime.

Agnes said...

Autumn, I'm glad to hear that M has settled in. Change is harder on us "older" folk than it is on the resilient youth. Good for her! Good for you. I hope you find the perfect job to challenge your mind and make you feel useful. I couldn't agree more that monotony is the very bane of existence. UGH!

Yes, I will pick up a copy of the book. :) Between you and Rupen, a trip to Half-Price-Books is zipping up on the horizon!

As for kitty, he may live solely on love. I'm constantly amazed at his stamina. 19yrs (about 76 in cat years) It's been a loved life for both he and us. I do hope I can get things back to good with him soon.

Don't stop dropping by. Need to know all is good with you. :)
Hugs.

Agnes said...

Terry! LMAO the Kung Fu Fighting. Love it when I can spread the wealth. It's funny how that silly song is just known all over the world, huh?

I know you understand about the kitty. We're much alike in that respect. If he were in pain we'd move on but he's not - so we just keep trying to satiate his every need. Pray we get him regulated again and he can get some quality sleep.

Oh, and you should go look at beautiful pictures of the lunar eclipse over the homeland. :) Just amazing.

Agnes said...

Christa, I wholly believe the aliens are as screwed up as we are. LOL Why not Disco Aliens?

I'm real sorry to hear about SilverScreen. I do hope something comes of it before it meets with the scrap pile. You know I sincerely believe the two of you are just too talented and really should be profiting from all that.

I hope the carpet survived the oil paints. I'll be by soon to check in.
Love and hugs.

Agnes said...

BECKY!!! TWO ALREADY!!! OMG! It goes so quickly! I love Erica saying "Pen-in". She's so bright and so beautiful!
I went by to try to catch up and was just blown away by so much activity in your lives. Busy and learning. So much fun!!!
I'll drop a great photo of my new neice and sweet Riley here in a bit. Isn't it time for your second?? (I know - don't you HATE everyone doing that?!!) LOL Kidding. Erica is brilliant enough to be two kids by herself.
All my love to you and the family.

Agnes said...

LOL Rupen. You can talk "guy-talk" anytime you feel the need. Although, I'm a bit concerned that anyone is interested in which kick or punch can kill most quickly.

I do, however, waste a good bit of time watching Ninja Warrior Challenge on the GUY channel. Wow! That's a lot of work. Jackie Chan will always be my hero.

I don't work for an animal shelter, but I give an enormous amount of cash to the benefit of animals I'll never meet. Does that count? I don't have the heart to work the shelter. I'd end up adopting every animal in sight. I'm a complete pushover.

Ok, Shantaran goes on the list for weekend book shopping. I'll pick up a copy and see where we net out. You do have some diverse taste in books. (mine is so tragically narrow) But my mind is open!!!

I'm coming over to look at your pictures!!! Dust off the Welcome Mat and put on some tea!.