Sunday, April 08, 2007

Current

Just a few notes to keep the status quo.

Yes, Spring has sprung. (Thanks Terry. You helped me notice.) Does it count that it snowed IN DALLAS on the day before Easter. Not in 20 years has that happened. There wasn't enough snow to photgraph, but I do have proof of spring. My irises gave me 24 blooms this year. More than ever before. (by about 20)


Boo Kitty is still with us. We fight daily to regulate his blood sugar vs. insulin. Currently he's on 3 units, twice daily. He tops about 450 and drops to about 180. We're close (between 300 & 100 is ideal).

He has trouble eating because his poor old teeth are too sensitive but we can't pull them because he can't be anesthetized. We give him a pain shot (anequin) and subcutaneous fluids every 4th day. We refer to him as "grandpa kitty". We love him desperately but it isn't time to put him down. We'll know it when it is. HE doesn't really know there's anything wrong with him. He just goes through the days being a cat and doing cat things. :)



Mishu, our kitten, is almost a year now. She owns the house and has grown to be a true Kitty Princess. She is very clear about how we are here to tend to her every need. Last week she got to spend the day at the vet. She wasn't bothered at all. She just charmed everyone and they all loved on her. What a magical way she has about her.

Her mother, on the other hand, well.....we love her, but she's just not right.


-----

The rest of the news is:

My best friend is still with us. Shame on me, but I told her "I lost three last year. Please don't be number four. Please don't let me cringe when your father calls me because I think he's going to tell me you're gone." It's very sad, but it seems to have worked. She has changed her meds and is trying to be less caught in that depression and more involved in life. I DO NOT know how a person survives the loss of their only child. I just don't. I wonder if I'm being selfish by asking her to keep living.

Next month would be Jess's birthday. Her mother and grandparents are going to Washington D.C. to spread her ashes near the Supreme Court building. That was Jessica's dream - to be a Supreme Court Justice. She would have made it too. I hope they don't get arrested for dropping a powdery substance near the building. You know how paranoid we all are now.

If you know anyone who does methamphetamines, just call the cops on them RIGHT NOW. You will lose them to the drug and it's a crappy loss.

-----
My boss has returned to work. Appendicitis seems to have been cured.

I have pretty much grown to hate the job. The people that I work with are weird, narrow-minded, fascists. (in a Jim Jones sort of way.) That's my opinion. I do not fit in and I'm very unhappy. I'm looking for work elsewhere BUT this one pays well and it is so close to the house that it has allowed me to check on Boo at lunch every day. I guess it has it's benefits. Time will move on and things will change. I'll lump it until then.

------

That's all the news there is to report. That is the current state of things.

So much love to each of you for dropping by and wishing well. Tree, I still look at that moon. Autumn, every wish of a happy day and weekend is taken to heart. Becky, you hang in there. That beautiful kid is the whole world of reasons for living. What a joy to experience life through her eyes. Rupen, I keep meaning to drop by your half of the world. Soon, hon. Don't quit writing or reading. Christa, I miss you every day. I'm sorry I haven't stopped by lately. You know I'm always wishing you and Robin the best. Terry, I know your blog is filled with beautiful photos. You are so great at seeing the beauty in the world. You're always good for my spirit!

I love you guys. I'm sorry I haven't been a very good friend lately. Thank heavens all of you sure have.

Much love and many bear hugs.

Aggie


15 comments:

Trée said...

Much love to you too my dear Aggie. Always here if you need me. Love, hugs and kisses my friend. :-)

Autumn Storm said...

Aggie, you are the best kind of friend, completely genuine and genuinely caring, and I love you dearly for it. To quote you, hang in there jobwise, something will come along that will be more right for you. So glad to hear your friend is doing better, cannot imagine too the pain she must have gone through, but it's good that she realizes there are people there who care about her and who would suffer if anything happened to her. Not selfish, no. There is always happiness to be found, and I hope she finds some.
Hugs to you, xo And Happy Easter.

Becky L said...

While reading thru your post, i was thinking of encouraging things to say...

and then i read your encouragement to me. That means so much... thank you.

Too bad about the job. I hope things get better... that you at least find one person who's not weird of narrow-minded.

Trée said...

Aggie, stopping by to wish you peace and love this weekend. Hugs and kisses my friend.

Autumn Storm said...

Now it looks like I am just playing copycat. ;-) Hope you have a lovely weekend, Aggie, xo

tsduff said...

Aggie - thanks for the update. I've been away from blogland (well, at least as far as my usual avidity... *is that a word?* LOL) and so have been behind on reading your blog. My heart is always tender for you when I read about your friend and her tragic loss of her daughter, and I'm glad to know your friend is still with you. As far as the job front goes, I can sympathise there as well. I have always had a problem working for the corporate world (they don't like me, and so I don't like them much either). My sweetheart and I are considering starting up a Bed and Breakfast business together - one where we get up early, work hard, and create a wonderful pleasurable experience for others as well. We are scared sh*tless but who knows, I know it will be better than the corporate balogny that is what I face every day right now. Hang in there, that paycheck will hold you until the daily grind gets so bad that you do jump ship. If it isn't a fit, you'll leave and find one that is. Been there, done that - a few times over! Hugs - all my best to you today and always.
xo

illusions said...

Hey...the apartments in which I live has several cats. Over the weekend, one of the older ones sat for the whole weekend right outside our door. I think this must be a good omen of positive changing times :)

TC!

tsduff said...

Hi Hon - hope you are doing okay these days of spring and snow... yep, can't believe it, may be getting snow tonight up on the mountain close to us here in "sunny california" NOT! hugs
xo

Autumn Storm said...

Yep, you guessed right. Here to wish you a pleasant weekend. :-)

Trée said...

Have a great weekend Aggie. Love and hugs and 10pm. :-)

Trée said...

Ever want to try 10am? :-D

Trée said...

Okay, I can live with 10pm. :-D

tsduff said...

How's it going Aggie? I know life is going on with you - hope it is all good. Hugs.

Autumn Storm said...

May your weekend be joyful, xo

Trée said...

Sweet dreams dear sweet sexy woman. :-)