Monday, April 30, 2007

What's gnu?

Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't.
-Pete Seeger


What in the world is new with you? Have you any stories to tell? Anything will do. I'm not picky. It helps to know that life goes on outside of my silly, little bubble and the TV news.

What's new with me? My AOL software began registering the count of my un-read e-mails, but not showing me what I hadn't read. That is to say I had collected two hundred and twelve e-mails but when I opened my box, I saw one or two. All of the e-mails that get generated when one of you wonderful people stop by here...they were mysteriously not here.
I found them. I found them when I decided to open AOL Mail in IE. Imagine that. There they were. 15 messages from here and an ENORMOUS amount of junk-mail. Pics of the kids. Messages from grand-dad. Lots of stuff all holed up somewhere in cyberspace. That's my story.

Secondly, (please note the previous post) my boss's appendix did NOT heal. She went back to the doc on 4/19 and had her appendix removed on 4/20. It is not an easy surgery, regardless of her being sent home mere hours post-op. (It's "outpatient" surgery thank you Insurance Companies of America.) She phoned me the next day just bawling because she couldn't understand why she couldn't WALK! She lives alone, save the 5 dogs she cares for. Insane - our medical society. Someone might have told her she wouldn't be able to walk for a couple of days.
Way back in 1992, when I had a similar surgery, I was hospitalized for an entire week after. Crazy, I tell you.
She's healing now and I expect her back at work next Monday-ish.
(My whining, self-pitying inner-self points out that my boss has worked 3 of the last 9 weeks. I did not know I was getting into this. I've had NO assistance at all. Last week I started asking the higher-ups when they were planning to hire me an admin!!)

Anyhoooo - that's my story.

Oh, and the hubby has a horrible sinus infection that I think he's being kind enough to share with me. What a sweetie, huh? I love him. Hope he feels better soon. Don't be surprised if I call in sick once that boss of mine gets back to work.

Also, the in-laws got themselves a webcam. It's nice to see North Carolina on occasion. It's odd how intrusive webcams can be.
We got one too (had to reciprocate). I aim it at the outdoors and the kitties. Muuahaha.
That's my story.

Thanks for all of your well-wishes. Thanks for popping by to check in on me. Thanks for 10pms, happy days and happy weekends and for not forgetting me. I love you all dearly. I'd hug every one of your necks if I could. Aw heck, I already am. :)

Wishing you all the best always, of course.

19 comments:

Trée said...

You're more than welcome my dear Aggie. Thanks for the update and don't be a stranger. I got a webcam too, but I ain't aiming it at the kitties or outside. :-D

Autumn Storm said...

Aggie, so good to hear your current stories, even if you are making me tired just from thinking about how hard you must have been working these past couple of weeks. :-)

Okay, stories, here's mine.
My sister-in-law came to visit from Italy, my older brother's fiance (the one who passed away many years ago now), was so very nice to see her, hadn't seen her in almost 6 years. We spent the couple of days around London, I accompanied her to some business meetings around the city and we were having the most gorgeous weather too, was really nice. My niece and great-niece spent an evening with us (my brother's other daughter), whom I also don't often get to see, so that was very nice too.

That's my best one from the last week, my most memorable. :-)

Take care, sweetie, really was so very, very good to hear from you. Love and hugs to you, x

Autumn Storm said...

PS Got so busy telling you all about my weekend, I clear forgot to mention the fractal which made quite the impact. Fell completely in love with it, so happy and radiant, stunningly pretty in short. :-)

Trée said...

Night my sweet. :-)

tsduff said...

Agnes: I've had several instances where I've commented - only to come back later and notice it didn't take... I'm so sorry. It is hard to recreate comments, and disappointing to know you never got my heartfelt words :-( I even asked Autumn about her niece's visit... does this mean that Autumn won't be meeting us in Florence on June 2nd for dinner?

Don't know why my entire comment went away.. It has happened here more than once. :-(

So sorry about your boss... nobody should have to feel so terrible healthwise.

Wanting to know how your Grandpa Cat is faring. Thinking of you - hope life is treating you halfway decently... are you staying out of the hail and grasshoppers?

Autumn Storm said...

Hey Aggie, hope you're doing good. Think of you often.
Wishing you a perfect weekend of happy times and R&R. Love and hugs, xo

Terry, if that question was posed here too, then yes, it seems to have disappeared, if at mine, then it is there (at mine) and I have responded. In other words, if a comment here is not visible to you, it is due to not being here as I cannot see it either, if it is not visible at mine also, then you are having some serious blogger issues. Either way, thankfully these things never last for long.
Happy weekend to you also. :-)

Trée said...

Have a great weekend my dear sweet sexy blogger babe. Hugs and kisses. 10pm. :-)

Trée said...

Hey you. :-)

Autumn Storm said...

Hey Aggie, hope you're having a good weekend, :-), x

Trée said...

I would say I was looking to the heavens, but I like the other creamy white mature moon rising in my minds eye. Love you, mean it. :-D

tsduff said...

Aggie - how's you? hugs.

Anonymous said...

Hey y’all. I’m still out here. We’re upgrading to FIOS (fiber optic) internet this weekend. We’ve been having a doozie of a time staying online. Anyway, I sincerely hope to be online by Sunday to update and to visit.
In the meantime, know that I get all your notes and I take them all to heart. I have lots to share just as soon as time allows.
All my love to you,
Aggie

Autumn Storm said...

:-) Good to hear from you, Aggie. Look forward to your news. Have a really nice weekend, love to you, xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hope all of you are doing okiday :hugs:

Justin Thyme said...

Here's hoping your hubby and boss (the two separate people, although I suppose sometimes they could be considered one and the same... lol) are back in the best of health very soon!!

Love the picture, by the way!

Autumn Storm said...

Happy weekend, x

illusions said...

Eagerly anticipating an update!

tsduff said...

Hi Agnes - thinking about you these days... life goes on as with all of us, but I was wondering how you are. I'm back from my wandering the globe over toward Italy, glad to be home, but still restless as to where my life will end up. One never knows. Hugs xoxo

Oliviah said...

Hello Agnes, I enjoyed reading how things are going in your world. How's the kitties? I finally got one of those mega cat trees and was pleased to see that it did not look as tacky as I thought it would in my living room. 5 levels of pure kitty cat bliss. It is exactly the same color as my carpet so it looks as if it just grew right out of it and belongs there. And I think...I am pretty sure they have stopped using my living room chair for a scratching post. Yay! That's my news, woohoo! ;)