Monday, July 16, 2007

Afghans for Everyone...or...How to Fill the Time

Whatever shall I do with myself now? We have time we didn't have before. We no longer have to be home at 6:30a.m. and 6:30p.m for regular insulin shots. We don't spend 20 minutes of every hour upstairs taking care. We are left with ourselves now. 9 years and the world has shifted under our feet once again.

We stare at the clock come 6:30 and wonder "what now". We change the channel to deter that longing to go upstairs and check on "the baby". We fill the time in between.

I have found my new time filler. I am teaching myself to crochet. I am making Afghans for Everyone. Merry Christmas because they're coming.

I only have to make 412 of these: (they take about 15 minutes each and I'm up to 20 now)
And I only have to make 16 of these: (they take 4 hrs and I've made two)
I'm rocking and rolling. Beware, I could be making Sweaters for Everyone come Christmas. :)

3 comments:

Autumn Storm said...

Aggie, it's real good to see you, just wish of course that the circumstances that allow you to spend have more time were different.

Hats off to you for learning how to crochet, I gave up, that and knitting, back in the day when my mother tried to teach me, although I did love crossstitching. M on the other hand is a mean crocheter (may be yet another word invented by yours truly:) and recently croched herself a hot pink frilly hat that she wears with a well-deserved sense of pride. :-D Bring on the sweaters, and if there is one for me in the bunch, ;-), I'll have a couple of those red roses, very pretty!

Hope you've been well otherwise, that the job is going well etc. Take care and have a happy Tuesday, xo

tsduff said...

You go girl! I'm all thumbs when it comes to sewing stuff...did some embroidery a few times, but now my eyes can't see keenly enough to do it justice. Bleah.

Have missed you here and there. Love and hugs in your empty missing "the baby" space.

Becky L said...

sorry, its been a long time since I've visited! I've been so busy.

I used to crochet. I need to start up again... just don't have the time, plus I'm afraid that my daughter will destroy it.