Sunday, August 20, 2006

Reasons to Live

The summertime smell of freshly mowed grass.

The scent of rain blowing in on the wind.

The velvet softness of a baby's scalp.

The hush of the year's first snowfall.

The overjoyed smile of someone you haven't seen in a long time.

Mom's chocolate pie.

An inside joke with someone you love that makes you both laugh out loud every time you say it.

Quiet candle light time when the power's out.

The middle of a good book with a page-turner plot.

Sharing secrets with someone who gets you.

Misty sunrise on a lake in the fall.

Great Blue Herons in flight.

Baby birds just learning to fly but still squeaking for Mom.

Brand new kittens/puppies and great old pets.

A tearjerker movie with a happy ending.

A compliment from a complete stranger.

The way that baby wraps you around his/her finger just by smiling.

Christmas decorations and the smell of pine.


These are things I want to see, smell, hear, feel again in this life. These are reasons to live.
Please add to the list with reckless abandon.

9 comments:

Agnes said...

I finally relaxed enough to start typing again. Please check below for responses to all your kind words.
Love, Aggie

Agnes said...

Oh...and Christa...I miss you like all hell. I surely hope your world is fine.

Trée said...

Moving and beautiful post. I think I might print this one out and read it over and over again. Of course, a private personal reading from the author, over a glass or two of wine around 10pm would not be discouraged. :-)

So damn good to see you posting again my very dear sweet sexy friend. :-)

tsduff said...

Oh yeah, reasons to live. Remembering Mom's famouns blackbottom pecan pie brought the sheen to my eyes...but yes, wonderful reasons to live. Thanks for your post Aggie - it is beautiful and renewing. I have missed you very much.

Autumn Storm said...

Aggie, so happy to have you back with us, makes everything much warmer and more wonderful.
Absolutely LOVE this post. With smiles in every word, it's precisely what I said above.

Becky L said...

the little kisses that my 18 month daughter gives. [or we can say, kisses in general]

music that makes you close your eyes and just breathe...

luxerious bubble baths, soaking your cares away

Fireflies twinkling in the nighttime sky

the life stories of fellow bloggers... [even though i dont personally know most of the people i comment to online, i still feel connected.]

Carolyn said...

Very nice reasons :)

I can only add having someone that loves you.

P.S. Here from Christa's. Have been worried about her and wonder if you have heard from her? Thanks :)

Autumn Storm said...

Agnes, wishing you a peaceful weekend, love and hugs.

Agnes said...

Becky, beautiful additions. Thank you. I love the "little kisses". Yes. Nothing better than that.
And fireflies! Oooh I miss fireflies. We hardly have any here.

Terry - black bottom pecan pie. OMG YUM!!! :D Invite me over to share.

Autumn, hon you are on my mind constantly. Seems the world has gone crazy-busy for both of us.
I hope your Dad is doing well.
Lots of hugs and love from across the pond.

Carolyn, thanks for dropping by. I'll link you up soon. Do let me know if you hear from Christa.