Tuesday, September 05, 2006

A Cat With No Name


Hullo. I'm the one they call "the new cat". This is a picture of me, napping. I nap a lot. I generally stop napping when they turn out all the lights. Oooo...I like the dark.


The people here can't figure out my name. They keep saying it will come to them but it has been 5 days and they're still calling me "Little Kitty". How silly.
I've got a very sweet disposition...unless you bring that upstairs cat down. Then I'll throw a hissy-fit. (literally)

I understand that I'm very amusing to the people. I don't see what's so funny. I'm just honing my hunting skills. When I was a stray, I hunted all the time; and bunnies move a lot faster than this silly catnip mouse. I really do like the catnip though.

The people seem to be amused by my tongue. Yes, I clean A LOT but it's next to godliness and must be done. So what if my tongue sticks out when I stop. Sometimes that tongue needs a break. It's hefty work licking an entire cat.

Ok, I'm going to turn off the computer. They don't know yet that I surf the net when they're away. All I need now is a credit card and that 20 foot post is mine, all mine!

Oh, my new Mommy wants to know a foreign name for tongue. (a female foreign name)
I think she wants to name me that. ACK. The lady is crazy.

Buh-bye

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to see you online again Aggie. You are always in my mind around 10pm. Hope and trust you are doing well. Say hello to your new friend for me. :-)

Tree

tsduff said...

Hi Aggie - pretty kitty! Here are a few names to start you out... I like the idea :-D I have no imagination whatsoever when it comes to chosing a name for a pet... hence I have the same name for my cockatiel (Peter) that I've had for the 3 before him!

tunga - (Icelandic)
tunge - (Danish)
jezik - (Croation)
lengua - (Spanish)
limbă - (Romanian)
idioma, língua - (Portuguese)

Agnes said...

Tree, sweetie it always does me good to see your smiling comments. ;) Kitty says "rrreeeowwwwmmmmm" which is cat-speak for "ooooo...you're warm...c'mere and scratch my head." LOL

Terry, Great list!! I like Jezik and Limba. Now I have to get the significant other to sign off on something. It's very hard to say "No! Get down...um...cat." LOL I'm hoping to get a picture of that tongue. It just sticks a half inch out of her mouth and she walks around like she doesn't know it's out there. :)

Love and hugs.

tsduff said...

I like those two names as well. Nice idea :-D I just saw a show (funniest home videos) where the cat was grooming itself, and then when it turned around, its tongue was still hanging way out... just stuck there. It was too funny!

Christa said...

Awww...what a cutie :D
Names is a hassel, but I always name my cats after how they behave. Sounds weird, I know, and the names can be just as strange too ;)

Meesa alive and I've seen that you've kept Troutday alive for me :D I'm not back yet, just passing by real quickly to see that you're still around'n'stuff :D

Hope everything is good :hugs:

Autumn Storm said...

Did you pick one yet? If not, my vote goes to Jezik, sounds like a very cool cat name to me.
Happy Sunday, xo

Oliviah said...

I had a beautiful cat who had a rather exotic bearing so I asked for some ideas for names. One name appealed to me because the way it was pronounced sounded a lot like the way she meowed. So this became her name: "Minoux." I was told it was french and meant "small cat". Pronounced mee-noo. Years later I looked for the word minoux in French/English dictionaries and there was no minoux. But...in my house there was indeed a Minoux, and a very lovely Minoux at that!

tsduff said...

So, who is the new addition? Please introduce us. :-)

Becky L said...

cute cat.
i like your post... very creative

Lindsey said...

Ms. Agnes...what have you been up to these days?