Monday, September 18, 2006

12 days later

How busy I have been.
Calico still has no real name. She's Leetle Kitty (a.k.a. Momma Kitty, Schitzo, Sybil).
Speaking of Mommas...my very own Momma came to visit. We had a wonderful time. We were so busy though. Lots of shopping and eating. A little movie watching and visiting.

Mom rode up with my cousin on 9/7 and flew home on 9/10. That's significant because this was my mother's very first plane ride. She liked the flying part. She wasn't comfortable though. It takes a while, I guess, to learn all the nuances of "comfortable" plane seating....if there is such a thing. Air vents, pillows, reclining chairs, window shades etc.
Also, she flew on a small jet. Those are such a pain. I hope she'll fly with me sometime in a big plane to some wonderful destination.

Then, on 9/14 Mishu came home. Mishu is one of Momma Kitty's babies. Momma Kitty recognized Mishu right away. Mishu did not recognize Momma though. Instead, Mishu got all pissy and hissed and smacked at Momma. What a tude for an animal that doesn't even weigh a full pound yet. LOL

By Saturday, Mishu had given in to all the licking and loving and playing and now they're happy campers.


I had forgotten how much energy kittens have. OMG that is the bounciest critter.

So anyway, they're keeping us awake and we're trying to teach them when to eat and sleep and cut us some slack.

Neither one of them like PoohCat...but Pooh is very old and very diabetic and nearly blind so I think he doesn't care. He lives in the bedroom and never comes out. He's our night-time baby.

Aside from the above insantiy, all is well....as well as can be anyway.

My best friend is going through stages. She has much professional theraputic help...which is very very good because I sure didn't have it in me to walk through this process again. I keep watching and hoping. It's all we can do.

Much love to all of you. Thank you for checking back with me during my droning absence.

Oh, one more thing...I turned 39 for the first time yesterday. Woohooo. :D

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Aggie. :-)

Oliviah said...

Aww...adorable kitties and a great big happy (late) birthday to you!

tsduff said...

Blogger ate my comment :-(

Our Big Kitty had her name from the beginning, and it just stuck. Some things are just meant to be. Your kitties gave me a big smile today - they are so cute. And I love that your Mom came and you had a wonderful time together. What a treasure for you both. Bravo to her for braving the plane ride :-)

It is good to hear that your friend is receiving the help that she truly needs. We all want to help - but unfortunately as you know we can't always make things right.

Happy 39th - you are wise beyond your few years :-D

illusions said...

Welcome back...and you do seem fairly occupied!

Autumn Storm said...

Big ole belated birthday wishes, Aggie, hope you had a lovely day to celebrate in the midst of all that activity. :-)

Phred said...

39 ?? You`re still a spring chicken.

HAPPY B-day !!!

Christa said...

Happy belated b-day!! :hugs:
And those kitties are soooooo cute *sigh* Wish I had at least one of them :D

Agnes said...

TY for Birthday wishes and hugs.
Phred?! Spring chicken? I assure you there isn't much that's springy anymore. LOL

I'm buzzing about trying to catch up with everyone's blogs, so y'all dust off the welcome mat and I'll pop in for a bit. Don't wait up though. It's quite a trip from here to there. ;)

See ya soon. Big hugs.
Aggie