Monday, February 05, 2007

New Job


Ok...I didn't take THAT job, although I did see an ad in the paper for scoopers. Ack!
Friday marked the end of my jalapeno & green chile customer service days. It was a bittersweet good-bye. I'd only worked there two years but it was a small company and everyone was so close. We all knew the latest and greatest news in each other's lives. Due to the events of the last year, I found (quite to my surprise) that I had a lot emotionally tied to that daily tedium. Ah well. C'est la vie. Que sera sera.
They sent me away with flowers and a cake and even bought lunch. Boy, we don't know how good we've got it until it's buying you lunch, do we?

And then I had a weekend to empty out the old and prep for the new.......

The first day was as one would expect. Employment paperwork, lots of people telling me how wonderful the company is, lots more people being busy and wishing I wasn't sitting behind them.
The good news is that I'm not shocked, confused or surprised by their daily business. It's all very common and normal and makes complete sense to me. I'll be in like Flynn....just as soon as the new network administrator figures out his job. hah.

The company sells promotional products. This basically means I will surf catalogs for pens, pocket protectors, and protractors that companies can slap a logo on and hand out for the general public to lose in the bottom of their purses and briefcases. It's lucrative, apparently. :) I'll play along. It's not complicated and I'll learn a thing or two.
It's like shopping for gifts with someone else's money. Who doesn't like that??? Weeee.

Thanks all for the back pats and ego strokes. I am thankful for every one.
I'll try to update as the days go on.
The only drawback to the new employment is regular hours - 8 to 5. This cuts into my blogging time. (6:30a-7:30a) when I had a 9 to 6 job. Rats.
I'll work it out somehow. If I start typing the dialog from some evening show, you'll know I'm trying to multitask.

Love and hugs to all.

10 comments:

Abigail S said...

It must have been hard leaving our old job... But at least this new one sounds good! Shopping w/ other people's money... always a good time!

Trée said...

Aggie, that is such good news and I couldn't be happier for you. Now, may I have the next dance? :-D

See you at 10. Bring your coat. Everything else optional. :-D

Autumn Storm said...

I'm thrilled for you, Aggie, it sounds like it all went well, bitter-sweet of course, out with the old and in with the new, but things so far suggest good times ahead. I remember what you wrote about the employess many having been there for very many years, definitely a good sign that this is a good place to work. Wish you all the luck continued - do let us know how you get on.

Love to you, xo

Anonymous said...

Shopping with someone elses money ain't bad...AND to do it for a living must be like heaven...lol

Sounds great, Agnes. Meesa vewwy happy for you :hugs:

And we will be here so there's no panic with the blogging. Just make sure you'll settle in and stay away from us froom work...not a good thing to be caught doing private surfing the first week...lol

Oh...and take care :hugs:

illusions said...

In the top right hand corner of my Blog, there is a section called Consider. Do view it today as it contains a quote you had written sometime last year :)

How does it feel like being a celebrity?

tsduff said...

Whoo hoo, it all sounds great. Say, I order from you folks... maybe I'll get to chat with you some day. Er...actually I deal with a firm in New Jersey. Rats.

Sorry about the new bus. hours... mine are 8:30 to 5:30. Long, anyway you look at it...

Hurray, and I wish you the best. Again, congrats on landing a new job at all... things are tough all over and it is great to hear that you got in there.

Lindsey said...

That's awesome good for you!

By the way..the signs in our parks say, "It's your doody, pick it up."

Becky L said...

hope you're still able to find time to blog.

it can be hard at times..

Oliviah said...

well, blogspot ate my post! Imagine that!

Congratulations on your new job!

And here is the HUG I dropped in to give you!

Autumn Storm said...

Well, the first week is almost over - hope you are feeling right at home already. Happy weekend, xo