Saturday, January 26, 2008

1-25-08 And the Oscar goes to...


...

"I would like to thank The Academy, my family for teaching me priorities, and all of my past employers for teaching me self preservation. More than anyone, I want to thank my Dad because Mom says I'm just like him and he would have loved this!"

Ladies and gentlemen, when the stuff hit the fan, I dug deep...

and I lied.


No, I didn't just lie. I PERFORMED. I acted my ass off. I became someone I'm not and I sold it like space heaters to Eskimos. They not only bought it, they PRAISED me because of it. I am, all at once, very jazzed about it and very, very ashamed.

Not ashamed enough to change it.
<----THAT is the person I really am.

The movie is called: "They Filter E-mails, Don't They."
The plot: If you update your resume at work, don't e-mail it to your house with the word RESUME anywhere in the e-mail. (snicker)
I was busted.....but.....in a good way. See, the CEO panicked at the knowledge that I was searching for another job. He doesn't want to lose me. He and I work well together. That is true. We do. I genuinely like the man. He isn't the problem. SHE is.
So, he gently called me out on the job searching and he already had a real good idea of the problem. (Thank God for that!) I just kept agreeing with his explanation of the situation and he was pretty much spot on.
Then he and the owner asked me why I didn't tell them earlier..........and that's when I started to lie.

"Oh Rhett, (bat eyelashes) I really felt that the problem was all mine. I didn't think anyone had any issue with her but me. I thought it was just my inability to tolerate her. Ah'm so very sorry for not bringing it up earlier." Swoon. Fake faint. Fade to black.

Puh-leeze. The lady's lucky she doesn't have my serrated letter opener sticking out of her neck.

They came back with a very sincere, "You can talk to us about anything. Is there any other problem with the job? Is there anything else we can help fix?" And then they told me how they'd prayed about it and decided it was best to move her away from me.
That part they got right.

Ladies and gents, I am not the person I pretend to be. I am much darker. I am much less forgiving. I am very, very selfish. I will always, ALWAYS do what is best, in my mind, for my family and for myself. Those are my only priorities.
The CEO said to me, in his very devout way, that he read a book which taught him that the opposite of fear is love. When you love enough, you will sacrafice anything to protect love.
I'll buy that.
I love me. I love my family.
It ends there.
That is all I will ever protect.

The rest of them are on their own.

**Final note** I got it into my head that someone at work has made a connection between this blog and me. Maybe, maybe not. (I've only opened this site 3 times at work and then deleted the history. It could just be paranoia)
Here's the check: If I get a better offer, I'll take it. I've got about 20 years of life left. I'm not going to spend them being unhappy. That's "who I am because of what I've been through." If you grant HER that, then you have to grant me the same.

7 comments:

Agnes said...

I have an insanely detailed rant to add so I don't forget the details...but I'm going to do that in another post on another part of the profile and when I have time. That's for me. If y'all want to drivel through it, I'll add a link in the comments when it's done. I advise against it. It can't possibly be healthy to read that much negativity.

Christa said...

Well, you should know us by now...we'll drivel through anything ;)

I do hope that you're able to get out of that place and get another job. No matter how well you and your boss is working together, and how "sincere" they are in their attempts to help you.

And of course you care about you and your loved ones. Don't we all? It's how you keep family together :)

Oh and Agnes...you've got an award to pick up at my pad. Drop by and accept it ;) Sounds like you could need something uplifting right now.

:hugs:

Trée said...

You know Aggie, if the acting is good enough, I won't really care. It's bad acting that really pisses me off and ruins the experience. :-D

Agnes said...

LMAO Tree. You know, if the acting is good enough, you can't tell it's acting.
....and it is good enough. Bwaahahah. Ah, the suspension of disbelieve. That's what we're after here, right?
I'll go get my boots and turn up the stereo. ;)

Agnes said...

disbelieve? Disbelief. I hate when I'm typing so fast that I don't know what I typed. LOL

Here's the link to my rant for those of you more masochistic than the rest. Don't say I didn't warn you.

http://openvents.blogspot.com/2008/01/1-26-08-week-of-conflict.html

illusions said...

Currently, your mind is in turmoil. Someone is forcing you to contemplate a move. In the near future, you will have to make a decision in life. That decision might yield tremendous finacial gain...Let time take its course. - Astrologer illusions.

Really well written post...had me picturing the CEO listening for an explanation from you...:)) I imagine in comic form, so I made your CEO a baldy with a massive bear belly and you a seriously hot lady giving a load of *$^% to him. HAHAHA...we can start a comic series, we'll call it:

When Baldy Met Hotty!

Agnes said...

Ah-ha! Rupen, I knew you were my astrologer. If I phoned you would you be my "dial-a-psychic"? (If you're psychic, you know I can't afford to call you. LOL)

You really made me laugh and I sure needed that! Time. Yes, I will let time take it's course. I'm partial to Baldy vs. Hotty II, the Revenge of Hotty. Plot: Hotty meets suave corporate guru who not only hires her on the spot but pays her what she's worth. She gets to thumb her nose at Baldy. It's great. LOL

I hope your world is full of love and fun and no baldies anywhere in sight!