Saturday, January 19, 2008

Week Three - Katie bar the door!! (1-14-08 - 1-18-08)

Health:
Mine: Didn't quit smoking. Grumpy and silent.
His: The antibiotics worked (thank gawd!) and he's not coughing or sneezing now. He also found Fortifense by Theraflu. It's vitamins and Ecinacia(sp?) and he believes it's keeping him in better health. Good. Keep taking it!


OH MY GAWD WHAT A WEEK! The co-worker got bombarded with extra work and she made everyone around her miserable for 40 straight hours (for the record. I am everyone.)How can ANYONE complain so much?! Her biggest problem, (and there are many) is that she doesn't just focus and get the job done. She has to exaggerate and blow everything out of proportion. This wastes so much time and makes things look even worse.
For example; on Friday she wasted an hour in the morning pulling a report to show how much work she had "been forced to do" all week. She said "I did 90 orders in 5 days!!" So, I ran the same report and edited out the ones she didn't actually have to enter and the number was 27. She did 27 orders - or 5ish orders/day.
I have to add that I did not offer to help. I'll explain why next.

The blowups got so bad, all of them "pity me", "poor me", "life sucks", "I'm burned out", "I want to quit", "Maybe they'll fire me." and mean, hang-up phone conversations with the sales reps she supports, that she called the CEO at home after hours to scream and cry about how unfair life is for her. I didn't offer to help because I WILL NOT play into that kind of attitude. If I do, I will eventually be stradled with the majority of her work and my own. I think the CEO knows this because he didn't ask me to assist her at all either.

HE DID ask me if I had any issues that needed airing out - because he would hate for them to fester. I said, "No. I'm fine." and "I'm certain that I could manage more work than I'm doing." (giving him an out if he needed it - but only through him, not her) In the end, he didn't give more work to me. He, having worked with her 7 years now and I'm certain he's used to this, ended up delegating some off to another person. I'm HIS assistant and he's selfish with me. Yay. I can live with that. haha

The final outcome for me was a conflict. I uploaded my resume to Monster.com AND I got a call on it the same day. I was excited about the possibility of leaving that insanity - but at the same time I felt wrong for not allowing the CEO the opportunity to resolve what is "festering" in my situation. He feels sorry for her and that's why she's still employed there. She won't go away. The self-pity is her lifestyle. There simply is no point in telling him how bothered I am by it. Nothing will change.

The reality is, as much as I like the man, I will leave him in a horrible lurch as soon as I find another job. And I will. And hopefully very soon. This weekend I will be hitting the job sites and corporate boards with resume and cover letters galore. I will feign dental appointments to cover my interviews. I will leave.

She will have a nervous breakdown when I do.
.....but then....who'll notice? Nothing will be any different than normal.

Next week will be better. I'm starting Week Four on 1-19 because I have Monday off and I want my better week to start now. :)


Love, kindness and peace of mind to you all.
Aggie

6 comments:

Agnes said...

It's two-for-one post day. I've caught up two weeks of posting and comments...but now I've got to run. I'll be back later for visting hours. ;)
Love bunches.

Christa said...

Really sounds like you need to change that job for something else far, far away. Man, what a sod she must be.

Sorry to hear that you didn't manage to quit smoking. I know exactly how difficult it is, and how miserable it feels when you fail.
You can always try again though :)

And my blog is at http://www.awfulsouls.com/awfulsouls/ when the server wants to be up and running. You can always give it a go :D

Good to see you again and I'm glad that hubby's feeling better too.

:hugs:

Autumn Storm said...

Good luck with the job hunting, hope you find something and somewhere that will make those 8 hours a day as pleasurable as can be. Hoping too your week ahead is better than the one that went before.

illusions said...

Let the hunt begin and we will succeed :)

Agnes said...

Hi Christa, yep. This job has got to go.
I'll finally figure out the quitting smoking - maybe after crazy-lady at work stops stressing out my days. By lunchtime all I can think about is nicotine. ARGH!
I got your link all updated. It's good to have a day off. :)
I'm going to sit on the couch today and re-watch Johnny Depp movies. heehee I'm also going to color my hair. My natural platinums are starting to take over. LOL
Hugs back!!

Autumn, thanks for the vote of luck. I'll take as many as I can get. Maybe if we all think good thoughts, in a real Peter Pan sorta way, I'll fly outta there. :)
The benefit of a Monday off is a 4 day week. That is bound to be better than the last.
Hugs to you.

Rupen, you are my pillar of positive energy. Thank you for that and for the "we" in your sentence. I feel stronger already. :)

Trée said...

Aggie, thanks for that wonderful link to our disease fighting team. I'll add wonderful to sexy blogger babe from now on. :-D