Thursday, May 20, 2004

5/20/2004 When it starts going downhill.....it starts rolling faster.

I had an endoscopy today for what we thought was an ulcer. Not a surprise considering the stress of the job.

Then we got home and HE got fired from his job (which he hated anyway). They did it over the phone on his day off. Said he was fired for "creating a hostile work environment". They didn't write him up or discuss it with him at all before this. He hadn't even had his evaluation yet.
I'll grant that the way it was handled was entirely wrong. I'll also grant that it probably had a LOT to do with the negative attitude he carries with him. Which is likely a result of being so unhappy with the job.
Circular issues, I guess.
He's not at all an aggressive person. I've never seen an ounce of real aggression out of him. He can be stern and bitter...but he's not a threat.
Anyway, I'm trying to justify his situation because I know he's hurting and angry. I would be too.
I'll carry us for a while financially. I can do that.

More stress for me though.

Did I mention that I might be out of a job in the next six weeks.

Life is rolling downhill and picking up speed.

I want out.
Are there happy people in the world? Somewhere?
I'd rather win that than the lottery.

Shit and crap and darn.

No comments: