Sunday, May 30, 2004

5/30/2004 passing the days

No. I have no idea what I'll write today. I am letting the fingers do the thinking. A sort of free-writing experiment.
I can start with what's new. Work was hard this week. It always is on Memorial Day. Trucks are impossible to find. The workforce is whittled down by those on holiday and those hauling produce. 1/3rd of the trucks left to take everyone's freight and the cost is high.
This week...this time in the life of this little company...the price was much more than money. It was emotional. We were attacked by our never-gracious host.
We sit about saying "they'll miss us when we're gone" and "they'll come running back within two months". They will not.
DP didn't go running back to GST. They chose another entity.

MFoods won't come running back.
We will die out. Fall to some sad extinction.
Again....I will do it again somewhere else.
One more time I will hope to land where I can remain until I retire.
Or die.

I don't want to do it anymore. I hate trucks, trucking, freight, customers, uncertaintity.

There are a number of other things for me to be bitter about right now.
Unrequitted givings.
And I could go on and on and on.......but he is out of the shower and I have to put my mask back on so no one sees the pain.
I can't get through the days with the pain on the outside.
No one can really know.
No one.

No comments: