Thursday, July 28, 2005

7-28-05

Relationships - the big ones anyway - do very odd things to people. When you live with someone for a long time you tend to take on similarities. The one that makes me most bonkers is "baby speak". If you have pets or children between you, the people in the house begin to take on a form of communication that includes cartoon voices and "w"s where there should be "r"s and silly things like that.

So, I'm standing alone in my kitchen this morning, sort of talking to myself and I have the sudden reality-fix realization that I am talking out loud, in babyspeak, to NO ONE. I also realize why I'm doing this and I think, "Rats, I'll probably be saying this one dumb phrase, in the same dumb cartoon voice, for the rest of my life."

I have proof of this. There is a phrase from an ex-roommate (15+yrs ago) that I cannot stand...and yet, it still plays in my head from time to time.
Wouldn't it be grand if we could delete certain bits from our brains???!!!
"ooo ungowa, you need a showa"
There. I told you it was stupid. Now it's in your brain too. Muuuahahaha.

(Sidenote....my blog has lost that whole "internal" vibe. I am now playing to an audience. Ah, my self-concious conscience is easily altered, is it not?)

OH - and Deadman, if you're watching, congrats on the baby thing. What's the relation?

3 comments:

Agnes said...

Nope. The issue is entirley mine to resolve. I just have to get my head back in the right place.
Besides, you are not the only one. ;)

Agnes said...

Well, now there's the philosophical discussion from hell.

Reasons why you are the only one responding to my blog:
1) I'm a hobbit. Hobbits kinda freak people out.
2) I don't tell friends or family that I have a blog, lest I negate the whole Anonymous angle.
3) I blog-about a bit but I don't often comment on other blogs unless the blog is insanely well done or amusing. (kudos)
4) My blog is far too boring for the few amusing and well done bloggers to bother with.
5) Planetary alignment. Just wait til Saturn scooootches over at tad - then watch out.

I prefer not to ponder such things. I'm not certain my ego can accept the truth.

In reality, it's just a diary. It doesn't matter if I'm getting standing ovations. That wasn't the purpose. BUT, I must wholly admit that I am enjoying the banter beteen us. Always feel free to say ANYTHING - even if it's that glorious spitting wit of yours. I can take a joke, and I need humorous perspectives so I don't take MYSELF so seriously.

I, of course, will continue to spy into your world as well.

Agnes said...

There are voyeurs and there are vouyees. I prefer to be the voyeur.

And there will be no ovulations here except mine. Ya got that Bucko?!

You do realize you've already got me working on my next post...to be titled THE INNER SANCTUM. So much for not pondering. lol