Tuesday, January 23, 2007

1-23-2007 a new job


Yeah, so...I got the job. The new job. The old job is going away at some very secret, predetermined date. (about a month from now)
Anyhoo, I interviewed and I got the job. The new guys seem very nice....(and very financially stable. hah!) I hope I don't eat those words.

Everyone at the new place has worked there for a rediculously long time. Most in the double-digit years. And they don't even seem disgruntled. That's a good thing. Right?

It's less than 5 miles from the house. That will be fantastic when I need to go home for lunch so I can scream at the top of my lungs. Sometimes a gal needs that, you know?

Finally, it pays right. I mean, it isn't a gazillion but I can live on it. LOL
I start in two weeks.

I'm a little sad and trepidacious. I LIKE the job I have now. I like the people. I'm going to miss the security of it.
Let's hope the next one fits like a glove and I never want to leave it.

Happy Tuesday Hugs to All.

4 comments:

Trée said...

Congratulations Aggie! I wish you all the best and you can't beat 5 miles from home. Love and hugs and kisses my dear sweet sexy blogger babe. :-)

Autumn Storm said...

Yes, many congratulations, dear Aggie - so happy for you! :-)

tsduff said...

WOW, I'm SO jazzed for you! Living so close to home is addictive - I live about 3 miles from home - I really should walk to work. Yay - I don't know how you did it, but Hallelujah Baby!! And it all sounds good so far. I like the fact that folks have been there so long. My company was like that... only problem is, when the new blood comes in, they want to change everything. Our president is trying to make our old Mom and Pops company into a BIG CORPORATION, and it hurts. Hurts the payroll, hurts the character of the employees, nobody is good enough any more, etc. I am rooting and a hollering for you - really! The job thing is always such a dilemma. Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

That's great news, Agnes :D
You do need some good changes coming your way :hugs: