Monday, January 22, 2007

The weather - under and out of...



Well, that was one long Thursday, huh?
Actually, I spent the weekend nursing the flu. Yum. Lots o' fun. hee hee
A week ago Saturday I drove home from Houston. I did it at the same time that the cold front was coming down across Texas. About 100 miles out of Houston the temperature started to drop about 1 degree every mile.
When I left Houston the temperature, according to the ol' overhead temp gauge in the truck, was 80 degrees. I watched it fall. 79-78-77-76...69-68-67-66...59-58...49-48...39.......
34 degrees when I got home. A difference of 46 degrees in less than an hour.
And so...I got the flu. lol
It stayed cold in Dallas. I stayed sick.

Yesterday was the first sunny day in over a week. Yesterday, the antibiotics FINALLY kicked in. I can wholly attest that Alka-Seltzer Colds Plus works infinitely better than Thera-flu and twice as long.

I'm off to work. The sun will shine again today. YAY.
I owe you all an update about the job prospect/situation. I promise I'll toss that into the next post. There's a real good quote post coming our way soon too.
I sincerely hope today is filled with sunshine for each of you - inside and out today.
Hugs and love to all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sunshine it is! :D
Gee...that kinda change in temp would give anyone the flu. Take good care of yerself and stay warm, missy :hugs:

Autumn Storm said...

Yep to the above, and have a good day at work, xo

tsduff said...

OH no - you had the flu too? Bummer. It sucks rocks. I didn't take anything for it - just begged for G to shoot me and put me out of my misery... only problem was he had it too. Well, hurray that the sun came out for you - feeling better now I hope. Wow, I already read your other post first - I'm so stoked about your new job. SO AWESOME. xoxo