Monday, January 29, 2007

Stardate twenty oh seven, twenty nine dot one

I always wondered how Captain Kirk's days were numbered. They never made sense to me. LOL

Anyway, here's the update.

Pooh, our 18yr old diabetic kitty (now known as Grandpa Cat) began acting odd. (don't worry...this doesn't end badly) Saturday morning I went to his upstairs suite (aka our bedroom) and couldn't find him. "Poooh. Pooooooh." ::Scratch head:: Eventually I turned him up. He was sleeping inside the nightstand. This is an odd act for him. He's never done it before. The first thing that went through my mind was that he knew his time was short. Kitties will go hide when they know that.
I panicked. Called the hubby at work. Panicked him. He came home...kitty was fine. "Fine" is a strange statement with Pooh. He can't see much and I think his hearing and his smeller may be off too. He's only happy when he's being cuddled in his daddy's arms. He doesn't sleep much at night. It's been a year or so since we've had a full night's sleep and some nights he wakes us every couple of hours. Much like having an infant I guess. You get up, give him food, warm his water (because those old teeth are sensitive to cold), pick him up, pet him....hope he goes back to sleep. He doesn't.
He's a waif of his old, plump self. I don't suppose he's long for this world...but I didn't suppose that last year. Ah well. He's with us today. That's enough.

We did "The Big Clean" this weekend. I hate it but it must be done. The two new kitties shed white fur. I had two black cats before and all I have is dark furniture. I had to do something about all that fuzz. LOL It's done. Carpets shampooed, floors mopped, couch vacuumed. Fun, fun fun. (ouch I ache)

Since that's pretty much all I've got, I'll go ahead and drop an inspiring frac. We all need a little Monday inspiration, right? Here's one for the Star Trek theme. LOL



I'll try to stop by tonight for a visit. Thanks all for continuing to peek in here on occasion.
Happy Monday love and hugs.

5 comments:

tsduff said...

Give Grampa a pet for me...special kitty. Glad he was okay - it is so hard when our favorite buddies get old.

Congrats on getting all that cleaning done! I did my own rugs etc shampooing and all a few weeks ago and yes, OUCH! But it looks so great :-) I don't know about the capt.s log... never understood it either but it always sounded cool, like on a sailing ship or something. Awesome little orbiting fractal. Happy Monday - countdown to new job is how long?

Anonymous said...

I think that the "stardates" that Captain Kirk used only makes sense to William Shatner, Agnes...lol At least these days ;)

And kitty's who gets old are almost like old people - their way of behaving gets a bit odd. I'm sure he'll hang in there with you for a while longer.

Dark furnitures and white cat hair?
Ouch.
Horrible though. Maybe you can get something in a lighter colour to drape the furnitures with?

Hope you're week will be a good one :hugs:

Autumn Storm said...

Aren't you good - spring cleaning all done by the end of January. :-)
Happy week ahead, x

illusions said...

I was wondering why you've named the cat - Pooh. One possible solution: A little after getting Pooh, you needed to do the big-clean up act.

Agnes said...

Terry, Grampa kitty is hanging in. I just love that cat!
Thanks. I need someone to congratulate me on my housecleaning efforts. That never happens around here. LOL

Christa, great idea to get "drapes" for the furniture. I've considered it. Right now we're using washable blankies. This works out well because it's so stinking cold and I'm always under one...kitties are always on top of them. LOL

Autumn, Oh how I wish that was the Spring Cleaning. I'll do it all over again when the sun finally shines.

Rupen, lol Pooh is a term of affection. It is what I call the kitty because my silly husband named it SATAN when it was a kitten. Satan is a dumb thing to name the cat. It scares the neighbors and makes everyone think you are in a cult or something. Oh well. He was young and silly. Guys do things like that when they're young and silly. LOL