Saturday, January 28, 2006

1-28-06 It's a date....

My dear best friend has a free pass to a chinese food restaurant.
I have a free pass for two to a movie.
Dinner and a movie - for free.
That will be my Saturday.
I am looking for downtime and relaxation. Probably not the best choice of movie on my part - "Last Vacation" with Queen Latifa. I know the pretense. I seem to feel the need to be exposed to that sort of thing often. Maybe it is what I relate to. Maybe I need, as Morrie said, "to feel".

Regardless. I'll just call it time off with a friend and make it as good as I can.

Ah, also...it's raining today. We're happy for rain because we've had so little in the last year. I'm happy for rain because it might make things grow and I need springtime. I need NEW very very badly. I need an end to what has become the longest winter of my life.
Grow flowers! Flock birds! Warm sun!

I saw a clip of Johnny Cash reciting a poem about the flag. One of the lines struck me as ironically amusing. He said "She's in pretty good shape for the shape she's in."
That's me. That will become my response for all of those poeple who keep asking "How are you doing?" Maybe it will give them a grin too. :)

XOXOXOX
Aggie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Queen Latifa eh? She's good :)
Hope you'll have a good time :D
:hugs:

tsduff said...

ummm, chinese food and a movie... sounds like a fabulous combination. Free is even better :-)

Pretty good shape... great quote. And don't I know the feeling.

It's "spitting" rain as my Mom used to say... just enough to make it uncomfortable to be working outside in. Doesn't seem to bother the squirrels as they run around nuzzling each other in springtime nookie... Happy almost spring Anges :-)

Autumn Storm said...

Have a wonderful time!
Love the quote :-)

Becky L said...

it sounds wonderful to have a chance to get out.

i absolutely LOVE chinese food, but Hubby doesnt. so i rarely get it...

Agnes said...

"spitting" rain
I love that. Great way to describe it.

I love rain. Doesn't matter to me if it's raining. I can go out or stay in regardless of the weather.

Springtime squirrel nookie sounds good too. Baby squirrels soon. New life. New is good.

Becky, I hate Chinese food - but the company was good. ;)
I had the same problem with Mexican food and my hubby. I finally found a Mexican restaurant that serves a steak. Now I can go whenever I want. :)

Love to all of you.