Tuesday, July 11, 2006

7-11-06 Vinyl

We skipped the light fandango,
turned cart wheels cross the floor.
I was feeling kind of sea sick,
the crowd called out for more.
The moon was humming harder
as the ceiling flew away.
When we called out for another drink
the waiter brought a tray.

And so it was that later
as the miller told his tale
that her face at first just ghostly
turned a whiter shade of pale.


She said there is no reason
and the truth is plain to see,
that I wandered through my playing cards
would not let her be.
One of sixteen vestal virgins
who were leaving for the coast
and although my eyes were open
they might just have well been closed.

And so it was that later
as the miller told his tale
that her face at first just ghostly
turned a whiter shade of pale.
~Procol Harum~
1967

3 comments:

tsduff said...

You make me feel so old! Those lyrics have always made me somewhat forlorn for some reason - even though I love Procal Harem. Excellent fractal though... right on the mark.

Oliviah said...

I was just listening to this song yesterday. How neat. I didn't know all the lyrics. I love the fractal. :)

Agnes said...

Welcome back Terry!! That fractal really worked out nicely. Made me long for some old time rock n' roll. LOL

Olivia, that's one of the best. I'm way too young (snicker) to remember the world when that song was out. It must have been an interesting place when lyrics like that got radio play, huh? :)
Procol Harum...did they have any other hits?