Monday, July 24, 2006

7-24-06

I opened my spam e-mail this morning and I found this:

The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.-Ralph Waldo Emerson


...and I'm all "c'mere Ralph Waldo Emerson! I'm gonna kick yer arse til you fall and can't rise anymore." Apparently Ralphie-boy hasn't met the women in my family. Luck is not our strong suit lately. That "rising" thing isn't really working for us and the falling thing is getting way redundant. I wonder what made Ralphie so danged optimistic!

Oh wait, positive thoughts....happy thoughts...

Sometime...in the way distant future...my family will be stronger and better because of the bull-pucky we've been through this year. Yes. We will.
Sometime.
In the future.
Way distant.
Fast forward please.

2 comments:

tsduff said...

Agnes, when you find that fast forward button, please show it to me! I could shore use it sometimes.

I hope you ride out this storm with the gals in your family. Sounds like you are lucky to have one another. Hugs.

Agnes said...

LOL Trace. I think those stinking delivery men stood me up. Don't that just figure?

As for fast forward and crystal ball, I'm guessing this is a pretty popular theme considering Adam Sandler's new movie. I think we all want the remote. Somebody out there has it...it's our job to find that person....and beat 'em up and take it away!!