Thursday, July 20, 2006

7-18-06 Evil Teenagers


See this kid? I met him about 10 yrs into the future. It is not a good thing.

Here's the story as it really happened:

Saturday, July 15th. The hubby's at work and I woke up early. It's the day after payday. My mood is....undecided.
I need some things at Target so I'm showered and dressed early. I head out about 8:30a.m. I do a little shopping. Nothing serious happens. Mood still...undecided.
I come home. It's warm outside but I'm thinking, "I should do something positive. I should put on some jogging clothes and go for a walk." I proceed to do so...except...

I step out on my back porch and I see....a heap of litter right down the hill. Grrrrr. I grab a trash bag and a latex glove from under the sink and I go get the heap of litter. It has been left at the "tee" of the frisbee golf course. Now, I have no beef with frisbee golfers. They're generally nice people. They're not rowdy and they're all pretty friendly.....but my mood is being decided.
I'm ANGRY. Very ANGRY.
There are garbage cans in this park, yet I have picked up 6 cups, a beer bottle and a half empty bag of chips. I think..."I'm not going to put up with this anymore." I take this bag of garbage and I put it SMACK into the frisbee golf goal at the end of the course.
...and a teenaged golfer sees me do it.
He rants some obscenities about "who the hell do I think I am" and I rail back "It's your garbage!!" We begin to curse one another. He puts the bag in the garbage can (because now it's in his way, see?) and I walk off. As I'm walking off he gets in the last word. He screams, "Go home you fat bitch."
I continue to walk away...although I would like very much to dig my fingernails into the skin of his forehead and RIP HIS FACE OFF.

But the problem isn't his. It's mine.
See..."bitch" I understand. "Fat" that screws with my head.
Here's this beautiful specimen of an 18yr old and I realize that I look, to him, like his fatassed mother. (Personally, I'd like to have a talk with his fatassed mother about respect for elders and raising her son with some decency.)

I'm not fat. I'm not buff though.
I'll give that I've taken in 6 months of comfort food but I've only gained 5lbs. And I quit smoking too. I don't think I'm doing so bad. But now I can't look at myself in a mirror without considering what he saw.

Suddenly, I want to be that 105lb teenager that I used to be. I'm afraid to eat. I'm living off of Special K cereal.
I HATE that I let that kid get inside my head. I really should have just smacked him and let that be the end of it.

Worse yet, he'll be back. I'll see him again. He'll see me again.
I suddenly want to join Tae Kwan Do so I can get all buff and then kick his butt.
Where's his mom? I know I could kick her butt.

Ick. This is an UGLY side of me.
Stupid teenager.

Happy Thursday-before-my-day-off. Tomorrow will be better.

4 comments:

Christa said...

Oh my...don't let a teenager ruin that picture you have of yourself. They're thoughtless creatures that do nothing but through out words. An insult that hit home because he knew it would, no matter what you looked like. You could've been skinny as a rail and he would still have called you a fat bitch.

But I can understand the anger and I would have done the exact same thing. Let them clean up their own darn garbage ;)

And meesa back btw.
The broadband decided to work last night and we're still online. I'm painting'n'stuf though so I'm in and out right now, and the connection just might drop again. But it'll all get better in the end of this month when we switched phone company again.
Never let a man decide what phone company you should be using ;)

Hope today will be a better day :hugs:

tsduff said...

Now that is one scary photo. What a yucky experience. I would have fumed and done the same thing. And its funny, isn't it. We (us old dinosaurs) get angry very often, nor very easily, but when we do, its like a train wreck... no way to stop it or slow it down. Grrr - leaves the stomach all roiled up. Hope today, like you predicted, is better. Happy Friday, and have a calm, happy weekend.

illusions said...

Breath in and breath out ten times...and then say Om 100 times, and then look back at the whole episode from a comical view, and have yuourself a good laugh...alternatively go get the DVD called Rouge. A chinese movie trying hard to fall into the romantic genre...you'll have yourself a good laugh :))

Trée said...

Well, if you need some exercise, I do have a few ideas. Even if you don't need the exercise, a little practice never hurts. :-D

Hope you are having a peaceful and relaxing weekend Aggie. Take care my dear sweet sexy blogger babe. :-)