Tuesday, August 16, 2005

8-16-05 Changing for the worse...

I cannot believe my actions today. In frustration and anger I said something derogatory about a group of co-workers. Furthermore, I did it in e-mail. I can't believe I did it. It was unprofessional and disrespectful and entirely unlike me.
I have no excuse for it.
To top that, the e-mail was forwarded to the group of people and I got my just desserts for it. I had it coming. I accept that blame.

What has happened to me? I was a top-dog, highly-respected professional no more than two years ago. I would not have dreamed of spouting off in such a childish way. Is it because I am not "challenged" by my work? Is it because I am frustrated with my lack of autonomy? Never-the-less, I CHOSE this job. I chose this position and I cannot allow the day-to-dayness of it to erode my character.

Shame on me. I will learn from this and I will not allow that to happen again!

No comments: