Monday, August 22, 2005

8-22-05 You'd think I'd be used to it.



I grew up in Texas. Worse than that, I grew up in HOUSTON. As a kid, we ran around in jeans all summer long. We weren't allowed to wear shorts to school. We never gave it a thought. The heat never even slowed us down.

You would think I'd be used to it by now.
Heat! I think our tolerance for it grows much shorter as we get older.
I slept not one wink last night because the bedroom just wouldn't cool down.

J, hon....don't move here. It's harsh in August.

2 comments:

Trée said...

Oh my, should I touch this one . . .

Is it the heat or is the woman just too hot--lol. Lame, I know, but I bet it made you smile.

I know what you mean about the heat. I ride my bike in all weather but ice. This past week even I said it was too damn hot.

Agnes said...

LOL at you. Stationary bike. In the house. Call it your "late summer bike".

Suddenly I feel the need to do a string of "You know it's hot when" jokes.
*You know it's hot when you're getting hot flashes, and so is your wife.

Our cats go to both doors. They go out the back, do a quick turn and come in. Then they go to the front door...in case it's cooler out there. :)~