Wednesday, August 24, 2005

8-24-05 Pensive

1. Deeply, often wistfully or dreamily thoughtful. 2. Suggestive or expressive of melancholy thoughtfulness.

What a difference a day can make.
Previously I alluded to a time when I gave freely what I had to give. Yesterday I was on the receiving end of that. Karmic return, I suppose...and not one iota less than grateful for it.

This receiving has run me through a gamut of emotions though. How odd.
Excessively thankful, somewhat deserving, wholly liberating, fearful, concerned, and now melancholy.
I feel like a child let loose in a toystore and told to choose only one toy. I took great time in deciding just the right toy. Now that I have the toy home, I want more...or I feel I chose the wrong toy.
It's all very odd.

It matters not a whit. I was thought of. I was cared for. I was befriended. I was validated.
These things are far more important than my silly moodswings.
Maybe I'll find the right toy to mark the occasion. Something that will last and forever remind me that, for a moment, I felt worthy.

No comments: