Thursday, December 15, 2005

12-15-05 Ribbons



Pretty holiday ribbons for all.

Thoughts for the day:
Lady Luck generally woos those who earnestly, enthusiastically, unremittingly woo her. -B.C. Forbes

Enlightenment--that magnificent escape from anguish and ignorance--never happens by accident. It results from the brave and sometimes lonely battle of one person against his own weaknesses.
-Bhikkhu Nyanasobhano, "Landscapes of Wonder"

I like to walk alone on country paths, rice plants and wild grasses on both sides, putting each foot down on the earth in mindfulness, knowing that I walk on the wondrous earth. In such moments, existence is a miraculous and mysterious reality.

People usually consider walking on water or in thin air a miracle. But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth. Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black, curious eyes of a child--our own two eyes. All is a miracle.

-Thich Nhat Hanh, "Miracle of Mindfulness"



For brave souls, there is a very rambling Dad Update here>>
Dad Update
Comments are not required. I'm just keeping notes.

7 comments:

Autumn Storm said...

Beautiful ribbons!
Very much like the Thich Nhat Hanh quote, going to cut and paste that somewhere safe.

Trée said...

A.G.N.E.S. that is one of the most in-f***ing-credible, fan-f***ing-tastic, un-f***ing-believable fractals!! Holy mother of cows I want to have your babies and its not even something I can do--LMAO. Hi de hi de hi de ho. Woohooooooooo--GO Aggie. Morning dear. I may have had a little too much coffee this morning. :-)

Autumn Storm said...

Trée, would you come up to the front please to receive your prize for "Funniest comment of the day!"

Trée said...

Oooooh, I like prizes. Would snoggling be involved?

Agnes said...

Snoggling? What the heck is snoggling? I wanna snoggle!!
My sister and I drove through a town called "Mifflin" once. We think Mifflin ought to be something you do with someone you love...under the covers. ;)

Boy Trée, I hope that whatever you've been drinking doesn't wear off and is possibly contageous.
(Mimosas. I have a jones for Mimosas.)
You may have my babies. Let's get to work on that. (right after I put in a call to the Inquirer.)

Tracey - I'm going to save that for just the right moment...that tropical escape.

Christa said...

Beautiful ribbons, Agnes :)

And even if comments might not be necessary on that post about your dad, you still have one from me. Can't just leave you in that dark room all by yourself :hugs:

Agnes said...

Ah Christa - you guys are definitely the light in this dim place. :)
I hope to do more ribbons. Haven't had a lot of time to play with it.

Tracey - Snogglin and mifflin at the holidays with mimosa drinks and ribbons. Sounds perfect.