Monday, June 12, 2006

6-12-06 Crossed Wires



And where the heck have I been, you ask? Well, I have been in a strange abyss. There is a deep, dark hole that I have found. It isn't my hole but I got shoved into it pretty hard.

See, I've had some internet connection issues. I called Verizon who was incredibly helpful but they blamed it on Linksys. I called Linksys who was incredibly helpful but told me to talk to Verizon.
What I should have done was conferenced the two together.

After 3hrs and 3 phone calls on Sunday evening, I finally got the two to agree to a reality. They had to work together to pull me outta the hole.
So, Linksys got my keys all corrected ("let me just reset your keys") and Verizon got my password corrected ("let me just reset your password") and voila, cha-ching, shabanm! I have wireless internet.
For the record, that nifty little setup disk that comes with the router...that's a cup-holder...not a setup disk.

Tonight we NETWORK! Woohoo!
Happy Monday. I hope it requires very little actual thought. LOL

8 comments:

Christa said...

LOL...they usually are nothing but another coaster...that's true.

And don't you just hate it when they blame each other? Our IP, PlusNet and BT (the phone company)
had a similar blame game going here a while back ago. They don't seem to be connected at all *rolleyes*

Had a great Monday, Agnes :hugs:

Agnes said...

LOL So much for technology, huh? Too many chefs in this particular kitchen.
Have a great day Christa. Codiene and all. :)

Trée said...

Hey sweet woman, I've got your networking! :-D

illusions said...

Tried leaving a comment from my new AMD 512 MB RAM computer with Internet connection, but didn't succeed, so am trying again.

THis is the way to cruise. Also, changed my INternet Service Provider...waited five days for them to sort me out, but service here is quite poor...and it seems service there isn't to great either :)

Have a plesant Monday Agnes.

tsduff said...

It must be that change is in the air or something... this weekend my Sweetie bought a lap top for us, and I also changed my Internet Service Provider from AOHELL to SBC/ATT. The change doesn't happen until the 16th, but I'm scared! I've had AOL since it's inception, and I'm a loyal puss... hard to get me to change the furniture in the living room, let alone my email address...And what better time to do it than just before you go over seas and need everything to run without hiccups. Hmmm.

Glad yours got sorted out Agnes... it is the very worst thing to fool around with!

Autumn Storm said...

Technical terms went right over my head, but I gather it was broke and now its fixed. Woohoo :-D
Happy Monday, x

Lindsey said...

What a pain in the rear! But glad to have you back.

Agnes said...

LMAO Tree, I knew I could count on you! I can see your Groucho Marx grin while you say "I've got your networking." Or was that Cary Grant?

Rupen! Woohoo...super computer! You're surfing now. "Service" Now there's a word lost art, huh?
I'm thrilled for you though.

Terry, OMG you LEFT AOL?? How could you? Don't worry. They'll nag you almost daily. I would love to leave AOHELL but alas, I am stuck. The hubby cannot let go. Don't believe me? I had to leave AOL 8.0 on the old computer because he refuses to go to 9.0....which is now about three years old. See? I understand your pain entirely.
You're better off dear. As I understand it...the grass really is greener. And right in time for you to go to a place that matches that description. Ooooo how I envy you. ;D

Autumn, It helps to have a techie in the fambly. My brother-in-law completely rocks. He's infinitely better tech support than Verizon or Linksys. hee hee
Now It's all fixed. :)

Linny, thanks. It was a truly boring weekend. heh heh
Nice to see your smiling screen name. :D