Friday, June 30, 2006

The End of June/The Beginning of July (Month 7 begins)


"There is much work to be done." she stated, wondering if she even knows where to begin. She suspects that she does not.
"One foot in front of the other, I suppose."

Thus begins the journey. It is mental. It is emotional. It is spiritual. It is real.
It requires a goal. The goal is not yet clear; not yet determined. She feels it will reveal itself in time.

What she is very clear about is the need for some sort of action. She wishes for that action to begin today. Possibly, this post is the beginning.
A voice deep within whispers, "Is this a mood? Will this pass?"
She counters it with a desire to stay the course. Just stay the course. Focus.

There is something deeper to explore.
It feels as if there has been a "skip" in time. A gap from what was to what is.
To bridge the gap. Maybe that is the goal?

Soak in every emotion. Move in every direction.
Be no longer, a body at rest.

She says, to no one, "There is something larger than myself. There is something greater happening now."



Required Reading Materials:
"The View From Eternity" Vaughan Shelton
"90 Minutes in Heaven" Don Piper
"The Five People You Meet in Heaven" Mitch Albom
Possibly some more "antique" theological information - Egyptian, Tibetan, etc

Also required; Mark Twain Quotes (for perspective) , Albert Einstein Quotes and Theories (more perspective)

Movies:
Elizabethtown
Powder
My Life As A House
Tuesday's With Morrie
----Something more inspirational about life---- (suggestions accepted)

4 comments:

Trée said...

{Just Listening with an Open Heart}

By the way, do you like Shawn Mullins? His 9th Ward Pickin' Parlor album reminds me you--and a bottle of Boone's Farm wine on a cool crisp fall day. Do you own a nice sweater? Wear it with the boots. I'll bring the Mullins and Boone's Farm. Leave your worries behind. You can pick them up again later. :-)

Agnes said...

Leave your worries behind. You can pick them up again later.
THAT, my dear, is the best invitation I've had in ages.
I may just be learning to do that very thing. (practice)

"Lullaby" and a bottle of Strawberry Wine. In a clearing, in the woods, by the lake...in Nacogdoches, TX. Ah, I'm 18 again. Carefree.
Boots and sweater not required. Sleeping bag will do just fine. :)

Agnes said...

(subconscious thought: "Is it finally time to grow up? Is this how childhood ends?")

Trée said...

Just the opposite my dear. It's time to return to childhood, return to innocence, return to purity, to non-judgemental joy. Adulthood is the imposter, the deceiver, the one that leads us away from our true nature. Come back in time with me.

Carefree, sans boots and sweater. I'm there my sweet Janie. Oh you have no idea how I am there. :-)