Tuesday, June 13, 2006

6-13-06 That's not funny....or is it?

First things first: WOOHOO! GO HURRICANES! (The Hurricanes won last night. Great game too!) Now they get to shut down the Oilers on home ice. It's going to be one sweet victory.

And now: OxyMornical News

We have purchased a new printer. It's a pretty printer - mostly in that it is not an HP. (snicker) It's all shiny and new and has pretty blue lights on it.
I spent an hour wiring it up and plugging it in and setting it up. Then we print a test page and the funniest thing happens. A deep, sexy, manly voice comes across my pc speakers and says: "Printing Started". Now as nice as it is to have the deep, sexy, manly voice in my room, I think "Why does it tell you that?" And then it dawns on me. It is a printer for the blind.
Wait. Why are blind people printing things?
To be doubly polite...deep, sexy, manly voice returns to say: "Printing is complete."
So the blind can go get their printjob...right? ;P

In other news; I am networked. Both PCs are speaking to one another FINALLY.
My awesome, techie brother-in-law connected to my PC last night and found the problem that was keeping the pcs apart. He said to me "you realize you have THREE firewalls? McAfee (which was there first) and Windows Firewall (built in) and a Router Firewall."
Then he said the silliest thing ever. He said "No one could ever get into your computer."
He said this while he, sitting on his couch 250 miles from here, was changing settings the on my machine...without my help. Yes. He was moving MY mouse and looking at MY screen and telling me three firewalls were overkill. Uh-huh. Id'm not convinced.

Ok - if that didn't make you smile big, this will. (she surfs over to the pics on Machine #2)

Look at those sweet golden curls. I'm in love all over again.

6 comments:

illusions said...

While the rest of the world watches the Football World Cup, Agnes insists on watching teams with odd names. A Wind of Change is needed! The lack of support the USA team has probably explain there dismal performance...now if that doesn't get you to watch at least the next match team USA plays, I guess nothing will.

And that audio and firewall thingy was truly hilarious :))

Christa said...

hehe...no firewall is idiot proof..not even the hardware ones ;)

And those golden curls are adorable. Beautiful portrait is it too :D

Have a great TroutDay Agnes :hugs:

tsduff said...

The printer is cool - it goes along with your handicapped word verification :-D

I know what you mean about that cute kiddo - his cheeks are purely kissable and he looks oh so huggable :-)

Autumn Storm said...

Such an adorable face, too cute! Laughing at your sexy male voiced printer :-), think I may have to get me one of those.

Lindsey said...

What a sweet boy!! Those nephews just have a way of making your heart melt don't they?

Agnes said...

Rupen, you make me laugh. The problem with soccer is that everyone insists on calling it football. It has no identity in the USA because we already celebrate football (a very different sport). Maybe we Americans already have too many sports.
Although, most children nowadays learn to play soccer in elementary school. Maybe it will catch on.

Christa, I'm actually glad you told me it was Troutday yesterday because I spent the whole day thinking it was Wednesday. I would have been horribly confused otherwise. That piccie is just great...and not professionally done. He's just sitting in his Grandma's back yard.

Terry, I can never get the handicapped word verification to work. When it does, it's never a deep, sexy male voice. LOL Silly printer.
Ooohhh...and the best thing about those cheeks...he's all dimples when he smiles. :D

Autumn, I just wanna eat him up. LOL And it's Lexmark. The printer. ;) Just makes you want to use up all the ink. I want to make it say other stuff.

Linny, Nephews are the best. You get to hug and play cars and laugh and watch tv with them. You find yourself wholly interested in the jibberish of their language and really want to figure out everything in their little heads.
And when you're tired....you get to send 'em home to Momma. LOL