Wednesday, June 07, 2006

6-7-06 Happy Hump Day


A rainbow of colors for HumpDay.

Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing those you hold well.
-Josh Billings

Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wing, and only character endures.
-Horace Greeley

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things only hoped for.
-Epicurus

Live so that when your children think of fairness, caring and integrity, they think of you.
-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

6 comments:

Christa said...

Beautiful piccie today, Agnes :D
And i hope you'll have a Happy Humpday too :)

illusions said...

I guess, the quotes are a textual representation of "a pot of gold" at the end of the rainbow.

On a totally different note, why do they say rainbows only have seven colors? I have never really figured that out coz there are usually more colors, such as you rainbow :)

Autumn Storm said...

Oooh, lovin every bit of today's post!!!
Happy Wednesday, xo

Agnes said...

Thanks Christa. I really liked the color range. Once I figure out Gimp, I might use it for a background or something.

Rupen, quotes of gold...I do like that. :)
Do rainbows have 7 colors but 7 more colors ceated by the blending?
Do they have 7 hues but a variety of colors? I once saw a rainbow of only of purple and orange. It's all an effect of the light and the angle of the view. :)

LOL Thanks Autumn. That pic looks much nicer blown up. There are tinges of color like a spray of water drops blowing across the top. :)

Agnes said...

Oh, and Rupen...I can't the posts on your webpage tonight. I do hope that's temporary.
I'll keep checking back.

Christa said...

Wow...my comment DID go through yesterday @c@ I was so frustrated with Blogger because it kept interrupting the connection to the server or whatever...so I didn't think that a word of what I wrote went through.

Glad I was wrong :D

And Gimp takes a bit of time to figure out. I'm running it too since it's a substitute for Photoshop in Linux ;)