Thursday, March 16, 2006

3-16-2006 HNT or else!



I thought I would have trouble sleeping last night...with all the "excitement" of yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised when I fell asleep quickly and went right into this amazing dream.
In the dream I was an executive woman. I was one many looked up to. When the deal had to be negotiated and won, I was the one they brought in.
I was invited to join on our next big corporate deal. "No one can get this guy to budge." they said. Confidently, I went along.
A group of us entered a large, austentatious building and went right into the CEO's suite. The CEO turned out to be a young, tall, overly handsome man. He was dressed business but had a golfer's casual look about him. What caught me most was a head of unruly black curls that, it seemed, he would not bother to control. He didn't have to. He was filthy rich and brilliant to boot. He knew it and so did everyone in the room.
The second our group walked in to his extravagant suite of offices his incredible, seductive, dark eyes locked with mine. I was the wildcard and he saw me coming. He liked that. So did I.
We talked money and strategy and business...but he and I already felt the chemistry. We laughed easily and spoke as if this milion-dollar-deal was nothing more than children's hopscotch.
We were meant for moments like this and we both knew it. The tease had begun like a cat and mouse tag.
Because no one else in the room could keep up, he and I began to play our game against them instead of each other. We spoke in a language no one knew but us. The deal was already made. We knew we would find the middle ground but we kept at it sheerly for the enjoyment.
And then we broke for lunch.
The entire group, including this strapping young CEO wandered as a group, first into the elevator, through the lobby and then into the parking lot. All the while he and I stole mischevious glances at one another. Everyone began to split into riders and drivers. He and I never said a word. He walked a pace in front and I followed his lead.
We jumped into his expensive SUV to find ourselves alone for the first time. With doors closed, he turned to me and asked, "So where do you want to go for lunch?"
A quiet moment between us flowed.
I grinned like a schoolgirl and replied,
"Holiday Inn?"
The rest of the dream was better than the first.
Happy HNT.

6 comments:

Agnes said...

The funny thing is that this dream really is a result of yesterday's mess. You'll have to page down and read the comments to "Yay! Doldrums!" to get the translation.

Autumn Storm said...

:-D How come I never have dreams like that! - sounds like a whole heap of fun. Tell me, did you wake up with a smile?

Agnes, I've had some problems with my connection, hence no comments from me on the last couple of posts - I did read through them however last night. Hope things sort themselves out with your friend and her daughter and that you are able to sidestep much involvement.
Hope you have a happy Thursday, xxx

tsduff said...

nice dream :-)

Nice pics -

Good job with the drama production wrap up as well.

Happy almost FRIDAY!
XXXOOO

illusions said...

What is HNT?

Agnes said...

HNT is "Half-Naked-Thursday"
Generally it is met (by a small group of bloggers...most linked here) with some form of very artsy body shot. Usually just enough to entice and keep one guessing.

It gives us something to look forward to each week. Something to giggle about. :)

I'll link to it soon so you can surf and enjoy the fun. :)

illusions said...

Ahh!