Thursday, March 30, 2006

3-30-06 Today is a good day!

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands--and then just eat one of the pieces.
-
Judith Viorst


Today is a good day.

First thing I saw today was this headline: U.S. Journalist Carroll Released in Iraq
This is the very best news to come from overseas since 9/11. Give thanks for the life of that young woman. The odds were not in her favor.






Today is a good day.

Last night my best friend said, "I'm tired of being sad. I've been sad and unhealthy for too long. I am going to find myself a therapist and I am going to get my life back together. I want to learn to be happy again."
I could not have heard better news and I told her so. I let her know how tremendously happy those words made me and how very proud I am to know that.
I heard in her voice that she sincerely means to do it too.







Today is a good day.

This evening I will head to the hospital and begin the induced labor of the pet rock inside my kidney. Sometime tomorrow, I hope to be pain free. That is a grand thing and I sincerely look forward to it.











Today is a good day. Have you got good news too? Please share it with me.
I won't be back online until Saturday or Sunday, but I'll be looking forward to happy thoughts about your worlds.

Ah...and happy HNT too. 45113638_202b79dc11

11 comments:

Christa said...

Not really any good news...but I'm glad that your friend pulled herself together and realizes that she needs help :)

Have a great day, Agnes :D

PS. The server is down, so there's no Awfulsouls right now...just so you know.

Agnes said...

Ack! I was headed over to say hello. Rats for the server. Well, I guess it's a sign to go do something else constructive.

Have a wonderful day today and tomorrow. I'll come by and visit the very second I can.

Oh, and the friend getting the clue believes it was her idea entirely. THAT makes me happy too. hee hee

Autumn Storm said...

Today IS a good day :-)
Best of luck at the hospital, hope it's as painless as can be.

Christa said...

That's even better. If she think it was her idea entirely she will be more likely to go through with it too :)
Good job :D

tsduff said...

Excellent quote for today :-D You are a picture of strength... positive even while looking into the mouth of the lion so to speak. You are one tough cookie where it counts Aggie. All my best to you as you go through the pain ahead. HA HA, pet rock? Too funny. Your are dating yourself dear. And I understand you perfectly :-D

Trée said...

All the best dear Aggie. Hurry back. I'll be waiting on the corner. :-)

Becky L said...

i hope all goes well with your "pet rock."

and its quite wonderful to hear that your friend is wanting help. thats great news.

Lindsey said...

I'm so happy to see that things in your life are perking up. Good luck with the 'labor'....hope everything comes out well...pardon the pun. :0)

Trée said...

Checking in to see if you are okay. Give us an update as soon as you are able. Hugs and kisses and a few squeezes here and there too. :-D

Autumn Storm said...

Hope you are doing well, Agnes, love and hugs, x

Christa said...

I hope things worked out with the stone and everything. Missing you :hugs: