Monday, March 27, 2006

3-27-2006 "Poof!"

We all say the magic words:
"Ah-la-peanut-butter-sandwiches!"

and POOF!! She returns.

Sorry for the weekend disappearing act. Took myself a little downtime. Covered my head in blankets and played hide-and-go-seek with the world.

Not a bad weekend. Nothing phenomenal. I finished a good book. So there's that. :)
I did not, unfortunately, get rid of this kidney stone. Doc appt today. Yuk.

Thanks to all of you for your comments to the latest drama. There seems to be so much that I'm wondering if I'm the one addicted to it. (No, not really. It isn't me. I long for quiet and happier people than my current one.)
The friend is still my friend. I haven't dropped her on her head. I did, however, make it very clear that I had no time to listen to the complaining about her situation with her daughter. She got herself into it. She needs to "mom up" and get herself back on solid ground.
Of course, there would be no drama in that. So she's pushing the kid further away.

On top of that, a mutual friend's wife died this weekend. She was on a plane with her 20yr old daughter, coming back from London. She had a heart attack and died midway over the Atlantic. Can you imagine how awful??
So I told my friend again: "It is so very sad how we take each other for granted when we have no idea how long we've got...or haven't got." in hopes that she would get the point.
Rest assured that the point flew right over her head and I am done trying.

As for Dad, Mom and the Hospice - no medicare. Both were too young at the time. Mom has a document from the Hospice that says pro-bono and $0 and she'll use it against them when she's stronger. The insurance situation is a rough one. The place my father worked folded and Mom's having to deal with a lot of uncaring jerks at "the mother company" in Kansas. They don't know what they're doing and they've let her insurance lapse three times since November....even though she's paid the (not cheap) premiums. She calls when the bills aren't paid and then they apply her check to the right thing and then they re-institute insurance retroactively.
Who can keep up? Surely not her...and she won't let us kids get involved. She's a control freak...much like all three of her kids. :)

It's Monday. The world is just fine. It isn't fantastic but it's par for the course enough for me to deal with it smiling. :D
Y'all have a wonderful day. Big hugs to you and thanks a million times over for sticking with me during all the silly dramas. I do hope life gets back to boring soon. hee hee

9 comments:

Christa said...

You'll miss it when it gets back to "boring" again...but it could be more fun if it has to get exciting though ;)

What a horrible flight that must have been for everyone involved. It's not exactly how to plan to do a flight anywhere. And yeah, we take way too many things for granted.

Agnes, my blog is password protected (a lot of things have happened this weekend) and there should be an email for you with the login for it. If not, send me a note when u get a chance, and I'll send it to ya.
It's just a password right now, but you'll still need it :)

Hope your Monday will be a good one :)

Agnes said...

Good mornin hon. Yes, please do not keel over on an Atlantic flight. Ack. Awful!!
I got the password....and the reason why. How annoying is that!!
Very happy that the thingy went through. I understand that's a long and tedious process. I hope you feel "free". :)
And Robin, where's the ring?? hahaha
You just fainted, didn't you?

Christa said...

LOL...there won't be anymore rings, Agnes. We have both agreed to that we're more happy if we won't get married. Neither of us really believe in it anyways :)

Christa said...

That's me and Robin ;) Just thought I'd make that clear :D

Trée said...

Thanks for the update Aggie. Do let us know what the doctor says. Wishing you all the best.

Autumn Storm said...

So sorry about your friend's wife and just about everything else.

Wishing you an abundance of good fortune, hope it reaches you soon, x

tsduff said...

Happy Happy Monday Aggie. Life is good, we are vertical today and somewhere the sun is shining. SPREAD HAPPINESS :-D

You really do that well.

Agnes said...

Trée - doc says "come back Thursday and we'll admit you on Friday." Rats and darn and woohoo all at the same time. LOL

Terry, SPREAD HAPPINESS!!!! I was hoping to impress my desire to thrust joy upon the world.

Autumn, "So sorry about your friend's wife and just about everything else."
Thank you and you have made my point. I'm sorry about everything else and I'm very tired of being the bearer of bad news.
Someone get out the chicken foot and the eye of newt and mux up a spell. Nothing but good things starting....next Monday. hahahaha

The point of the blog was to notate the day to day life...because I really have no memory and I kinda need the help. hah

BUT, I really am tired of all the little annoyances (and the not so little) and all this silly negativity. I've decided I need to focus a great deal more on the un-annoying. (Aggie digs in closet..."where'd I put all my happy stuff?!")
I need to get my sense of humor back. Hold me to it. :D

Trée said...

I'll take care of the "hold" part. :-D