Thursday, March 23, 2006

3-23-2006 Sneak attack!

HOLY MOLY!!! WE ARE IN P A I N !!!!!!!


Spent last night at the E.R.


Thought I had appendicitis. Actually, I thought I was dying and hoped I had appendicitis.
It was a nasty ride. Thank GAWD for painkillers.

It wasn't appendicitis. It is a kidney stone.
A kidney stone. For pain like that there should be more than A kidney stone.
Unfortunately, this stone is the size of a dime. This is gonna hurt like hell.

We are now in wait-and-see mode. This is where we determine if I will give birth in a hospital or at home. Or worse yet, at work.
Could be hours, could be weeks. I'm going to drink 40 gallons of water a day just to be sure it can't beat me.

I'm not liking this at all.

So, for HNT, I proudly present "my insides". (insert mental image here)
Ewwww.

7 comments:

Christa said...

Oh my...that's not exactly what's on top of a wishlist at any point in time.
I've never had kidney stones myself, but dad had it, so I saw him crawling around.

I hope they'll get it fixed fast. That's horrible :hugs:

Agnes said...

"Crawling around" would the the absolute, perfect description.

I understand the pain is much like giving birth. That's good to know. That is added to the list as reason number 4,957 why I don't have kids. Good gawd. Why would anyone go through that on purpose. LOL

I'm off to the pharmacy. Have a good night Christa.

Christa said...

Coz it'll give you grandchildren you can hand over to someone else later...hehehe

Take care of yourself :)
Now it's time to watch a movie here..."Constantine" it is I believe :)

Autumn Storm said...

Ouch! Hugs!

Trée said...

Oh Aggie, you know what they say about kidney stones. Well, never mind that--hope that dang thing passes sooner rather than later. :-)

tsduff said...

Man alive girl - I'm so horrified to hear of this latest bummer inflicted upon you :-( When I was a volunteer in the ER, I saw grown men cry and scream while passing a kidney stone... and these "stones" were only the size of a 1/4 of a lentil or so. Small - like a grain of sand. Ouch - you really ARE going to give birth. Can't they zap it with a lazer or something to break it up? You poor thing - hope they give you good drugs is all I can say. (Demerol is always nice :-D)

Praying for your quick "labor"... HUGS!

Phred said...

Poor Agnes...get well Soon !