Friday, April 21, 2006

4-21-06 Happy Friday

Blogger's being evil again. Took forever to get the post to take.

When I was a child, my parents bought me a dollhouse. It was bigger than me. One of my fondest memories was going to the craft store to buy itsy bitsy replicas to put in that dollhouse. I was always fascinated with the 'realistic' pieces. I had ice trays with ice cubes, a whole china set with silverware, and even toilet paper on a roll. LOL
Alas, I grew up. The dollhouse and all it's tiny accessories were handed down and have spread to the wind.
Since then, I've always wanted a new one. Maybe that will be my birthday gift to me this year. :)
Here is Grace's Dollhouse if you want to see what all the fuss is about. I think she did it up quite nicely.


Did you have a favorite childhood toy? If so, do you still have it or would you like to get a new one?

7 comments:

Agnes said...

Good morning. I am soooooo late for work. lol Hope you have a great Friday all.

Christa said...

I used to have a dollhouse too, but I can't remember having a favorite toy of any kind except from the watercolours of course :p

Have a great Friday, Agnes :hugs:

Autumn Storm said...

:-) Wonderful story to read!

& reminiscent (sp?) of mine.

My grandmother was so very good to me, she was too generous but somehow I never took it for granted, her love meant so much more even at the earliest of ages.
She bought me the most beautiful dolls house one Christmas and each time I would visit her, we would go to the toy store to buy something for it :-) Wonderful memories, thanks for reminding me, Agnes - hope you have a wonderful Friday!!!

(Unfortunately the ending to that story involves my younger brother and his then hobby of thrashing everything - I forgave him... eventually :).

Agnes said...

LOL Christa, I had the watercolors too. Loved them. Painted everything...including the walls. Come to think of it, my parents never even complained about my wall paintings. Great parents. :D

Autumn, those trips to the hobby store were great, huh? Yes. Wonderful memories.
I'm pretty sure my dollhouse days ended with GI Joe doing unthinkable things to retain control of that particular landmark. My bro and I both went through an army-man, Tonka Truck, tank phase. LOL

Christa said...

Sheesh, you just reminded me about something Agnes. I spray painted my entire bike - and I mean *everything* on the bike - orange when I was around 8-9 years old..haha The tiers were orange...everything went orange :p I think I kept spraying until that can was empty.
So yeah...I painted everything too :pp

Agnes said...

LMAO Christa!!!! I want to see a pic of the orange bike!

Christa said...

LOL...there are no piccies of that occasion. Dad was so furious it is a wonder I'm still alive today :p
I had a new bike the spring after on my birthday and I had to make a promise that I would NEVER paint it :pp