Monday, February 06, 2006

1-6-06



Needing New:
I think it is a cleansing thing that has come over me. I recall my freind doing this during her divorce. Suddenly nothing seems to have any real importance. Material things are....clutter.

I am cleaning.
Well, actually I am throwing away.
I am emptying cabinets and filling garbage bags.
It seems very easy to look at something now and say "This thing I can do without. This thing has no meaning. This thing has no value."
It seems that I want to narrow my life down to only that which has meaning, memory or relevance.
No more half-empty shampoo bottles that I'll need one day. No more off-color makeup sitting in a drawer because I might run out of the right color.
No more curio cabinet full of trinkets to pretty up the place. It's all just clutter.
As for reading 10% of the books I own...nope. If it hasn't been read I'm selling it off. I don't want 100 books with 100 regrets of not ever having taken the time.
On the same note, I'm reading 5 books at once now so I'm not real sure how the math works out on that one. hah

Tag:
10 things to do before I die:
1. Let them know I love them.
2. Let them know I love them.
3. Let them know I love them.
4. Let them know I love them.
5. Let them know I love them.
6. Let them know I love them.
etc.
That's all that matters. If I get to go to Italy someday, great. If not...it changes nothing.

I threw away the list of things to do before I die. I gave up my regrets.
I'm going to try to work harder on the list above.

8 comments:

Christa said...

You are welcome to come over here and do that kinda cleaning too any day ;)
Seriously...make sure you remember what you're throwing away. But you are perfectly correct - "things" have absolutely no value at all. I'm with you on that one to 100%.

Have a great Monday :hugs:

Agnes said...

Seriously...make sure you remember what you're throwing away.
I am trying to keep it to things that I know I won't miss. Things that weren't gifts. Things that really hold no meaning. It's amazing how many THINGS I have.
If a good house cleaning would get me to your half of the world, count me in right now. I think I could clean the planet if given half a chance. :)
Have a wonderful Monday yourself. :)

Lindsey said...

I think your list has changed for the better.

As for the cleaning, I did the same after a bad breakup. Got rid of all the unimportant things I'd been holding onto and welcomed the new things into my life.

I'm still waiting on one of those new things to be a 6'0 muscular hottie. Here's to hoping.

Autumn Storm said...

"...make sure you remember what you're throwing away." lol, have to agree with Christa. I'll spend time searching for some item before remembering (or sometimes just assuming) I threw it out :)

Needs and what is important, its really a very short list.
I like your list.
And the simplicity of that fractal, very nice.

Hope you are having a good day, love and hugs, x

Christa said...

LOL...Linny...if you ever find that muscular hottie anywhere, let me know. Somehow I doubt he's in one of my drawers though :p

Trée said...

Sweet dreams my luv.

illusions said...

I really like the 10 things list...your priority of "love" is spot on and easily tells me that you like to "love" (the verb), which is a rare quality.

DO NOT SELL YOUR BOOKS!!! Seriously, you never know when you might suddenly get this urge to indulge in some reading. Also, selling books is a cardinal sin on par with making fun of an ignorant person.

Agnes said...

Thank you Rupen. I think "to love" is probably the greatest gift my father gave me.

Oh my, I had no idea selling books was a cardinal sin. Considering the books I'm going to sell I think I might be forgiven. They have wonderful titles like: "Winnie-The-Pooh's Guide to Management" "The Lexicon of Stupidity" and "Poemcrazy". That last one was so very well intentioned and so very badly written.
Regardless, they will be sold to Half Price Books so someone else can benefit.
Trust that I will still have many many shelves of treasured literature. Most of which I have actually read. :)