Wednesday, February 01, 2006

2-1-06 Oblio

The post today is about Oblio.
Oblio was born different than the rest of the town. Their heads were all pointed but his was round.
He was banished into a deep and scary forest...in search of the point.
He found it.

The movie (cartoon) was named The Point and it came out in 1971.
Ringo Starr was the narrater, I think George Harrison was the cartoonist and Harry Nilsson sang "Me and My Arrow". (if you know the song, it will be stuck in your head all day.)
Harry Nilsson also wrote the story.
Mostly I remember that the artwork pretty much defined all 1960's animation artwork as far as I was concerned.
The artwork, the story and the dog (Arrow) are what I remember.
It was a good story.

Anyway, little Oblio wandered through this forest and met many a deranged character.
Last night, while fractalizing, I accidentally created this "scary forest" looking thing and now we're all caught up. (Which is to say that THAT brought us to HERE.)

Scary Forest



I guess we're all wondering through our own scary forest, meeting interesting characters. Some characters are good. Others bad. Some have good hearts and bad brains.
The point is, we learn from all of them....and eventually....if we're paying attention......we'll find The Point too.

Happy Wednesday.

5 comments:

Agnes said...

Here is a sidenote for posterity.
The young man who was elected Director of Logistics has spent all week pointing out people's flaws and stating that the fixing of the flaws will save the company.
He's driving us mad because the flaws are very small in the grand scheme. The poor kid cannot see the forest for the trees.
He makes me insanely angry...and at the same time I just want to sit him down and tell him how he can stop making enemies.
He doesn't mean to make everyone mad, he's just so very naive.
I'm annoyed and empathetic all at once.
I'd rather be empathetic but I doubt his ego would allow some "old woman" to explain what he's doing wrong. And the fix is just so simple.
Sigh.

tsduff said...

Oh no - "Me and My Arrow" is now repeating over and over in my head... haven't heard or thought about that song in ages. I never saw the cartoon - and therefore never knew that "my arrow" was a dog. Always wondered about that.

And don't go calling yourself an old woman... LOL if you are an old woman, what would that make me? No, don't go there :-D Just be thankful you are much wiser than the young puppy at this stage in life...

Very nice forest picture.

Lindsey said...

Can someone just point me in the right direction???

Autumn Storm said...

Fabulous frac - very scary!

Anonymous said...

*another old woman waves at Agnes* :P
I can't relate to that song at all, sorry to say. Maybe I can if I hear it, but not from reading about it.

The fractal reminds me of mountains crying though...have no clue where that came from, but it was the first thing that popped up in my sleepy mind (still waking up here).