Tuesday, February 14, 2006

2-14-06 Valentines and a bunch of signs

Happy Valentine's Day all. I hope you find flowers or chocolates or happy cards. If not, go buy them yourself tomorrow. They'll be half price.

Here is our fractal o' the day. I don't know what it is but it looked pretty cool so I kept it. Is it a box of abandoned cards? Is it wooden planks of a door?
You tell me.


Now...about the "signs" part.
I am going to Houston on Friday (took the day off) for my nephew's 2nd birthday part.
I am excited...and yesterday I learned I am also apprehensive.
Who wouldn't be? I'll be driving into an emotional state. That might be a very hard thing to drive back out of.
Here are the signs though:
1) I searched everywhere to find the gift I want to get him and ended up settling on books. (I just wanted sheets and blankets with the moon on them. Why is that so hard?)

2) THIS happened on my not old car. It's not the gas cap or any of the fluids. I checked. The belts and air filter are new. Dad was a mechanic. I think he's trying to tell me not to go to Houston. I'm sure the thing needs a tune up but I'm not financially in that place. (and what is "soon"? How generic is that? "Service Soon"....That thing has a computer on it. Why can't it just say "Replace Spark Plug Now?")

3) My best friend said "I don't think you should go. You're not ready." to which I replied "It isn't about me. We're still a family and it's entirely about US."

4) The weather is now calling for "wintry mix" Friday/Sat'day/Sunday. I know how dumb people get here when it rains...heaven forbid snows. I have "Freewayphobia" when the sun's out.

So all these things are adding up and I keep getting more apprehensive about going.
And then I think I'm LOOKING for signs. You know...if you look you'll find them.
Am I looking for excuses?

I'm mailing the gifts tomorrow just to be safe. I honestly do not know what to do now.
(and for the record, flying isn't an option just like a tune-up isn't an option)

Happy Tuesday all. Happy Valentine's Day if you're with someone you love.

5 comments:

tsduff said...

Aggie, when that light came on in my car, it was a pre-programed signal, put in by the dealer so that I would come in for my regular service on the car. It didn't mean anything dire, but then that was just my Honda. I'm generally not superstitious, and would probably go on the trip anyway. But if you feel uneasy about it, by all means don't go. No big deal.

As for your fractal - I think it looks like the many frames of the doors of our life's paths...we have all been down many hallways.

Happy Valentine's Day - 12 years married is not too shabby! Enjoy your yearage (is that a word?) tee hee. Quiet "fall" love is just as sweet as the exploding blooms of "spring" or new love.

Agnes said...

Terry, of course you're entirely correct. I'm not the superstitious type (although I entertain a mojo or a vodoo every once in a while LOL). I think I'm just afraid of a world without Dad in it.

The deciding factor will be the weather...as it always is. I'll drive the car until something falls out of it. ;)

I think your description of the fractal is just wonderful. Yes. Many doors. Many hallways.

12 years only feels like "fall" to him. It's still spring to me. haha
Really I can't grasp that so many years have gone by. I think we met when O.J. was on trial. Does that really seem so long ago? Odd, huh?

Happy Valentine's Day to you too dear. Sit back and watch a good chick-flick and tell your sweetie you miss him dearly.
Love to you.

Lindsey said...

I think seeing your nephew would cure all your fears. It sure would mine.

Agnes said...

Linny, I think you are exactly right. Thank you.

(((((((Super Big Hugs to Both of You!!))))))

Autumn Storm said...

Jumping on the nephew wagon.
Hope you had a fantastic V-day, hugs, x
Beautiful fractal, another of those I would hang on my wall :-)