Tuesday, February 21, 2006

2-21-06 Tagged by a Christa

(and me wihtout a fractal to be found.)

I got tagged to list 7 songs that I'm currently into.
Here's the thing about that: I'm a lyrics person. I learn songs so I can sing (badly) along with things that relate to my situation....whatever that may be at the time. I also obsess. That is to say that I will play the same song for days at a time.

Having said that, I did this back exercise back in August 2005 and wow what a difference 6 months can make.
Here's the August list: 10 Songs

Today's list: (there will be a quiz at the end)

1. Tool - Parabola
"This body holding me
reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember; we are eternal,
all this pain is an illusion."

2. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon (the whole album, yes it's cheating)
"Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be."


3. John Mayer - Victoria
"I might not be seeing him soon"

4. John Mayer - Quiet
"Somehow I can't seem to find The quiet inside my mind"

5. Staind - Outside
"I can see through you
See your true colors
'Cause inside you're ugly
You're ugly like me"


6. Triumph - Killing Time
"Time was slipping away,
Passing us by, now I could cry
Cause it's gone. Gone forever my friend
And it won't come again;
It's moved on and left us behind..."


7. Dave Matthews - The Dreaming Tree
"She thinks when she was small
There on her father's knee
How he had promised her,
"You'll always be my baby."
"Daddy come quick,
The dreaming tree has died
I can't find my way home
There is no place to hide
The dreaming tree has died."


Ok - so that wasn't the most encouraging, enlightening list. It's acutally pretty good proof that I should seek a psychiatrist soon. :)
Maybe music is therapy. Let's go with that for now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now I'm going to change the tag some. This tag is for anyone who took the time to read all that stuff up there. Don't post on your website, just post your tag in my comments. I'll add them all up.

TAG: What is the best "road trip" song?
I'll start and we'll make a list again.

1. Radar Love - by Golden Earring

9 comments:

Agnes said...

Sidenote: My head has been spinning since last weekend. I'm writing like crazy but I don't seem to have the time to post anything or to blog-visit. I owe a lot of you a drive-by. Please be patient with me. It may be Saturday before I'm back to good.

Rupen...what 3D were you referring to in your last comment? My memory is not what it used to be. What'd I miss? *blush*

Christa said...

Nice list, Agnes :)
Best Roadtrip song....um....oh my...well, Genesis always works for me and I think anything of what they've done is good enough for me :)

illusions said...

My best Road Trip song...Waiting in Vain by Bob Marley, though to be fair anything from Bob and U2 (the old albums) will do the trick for me.

Agnes said...

Ok, so we'll add "In the Air Tonight" - the original version where the drums progress in the middle. Was that Genesis or just Phil Collins?

Rupen, I'm all about Bob Marley.
We'll add "Waiting in Vain" and throw in "Let There Be Love" to our road trip album.
First album U2 song?...hmmm..I'm at a loss. Toss one at me.

tsduff said...

Whoa, "ROCKIN DOWN THE HIGHWAY" by the Doobies - hair flying, windows down, or pipes roaring, scenery flowing by, can't beat it.

Great topic - fun to imagine being on the road instead of here at my desk behind piles of projects! Thanks Aggie.

Christa said...

"In the Air Tonight" was from Phil Collins first solo album, Agnes. But yes, that works just as well as Genesis :D

Autumn Storm said...

I'm the same, totally obsessive playing the same song/album over and over sometimes for days.
Dr Hook is great for long roadtrips :-), sing songs, rather than must get up now and dance!
(dancing at intersections, love doing that)
Happy Tuesday, xxxx

Justin Thyme said...

Great post!
Hmmm... let's see...
My number one song of choice right now is "All Will Be Will" by the Gabe Dixon Band, followed by "Proud" by Heather Smalls... after that, it's anything off of the "Wicked" cast recording.
Best road trip song though, most definitely "Good Times" by Tommy Lee.

Lindsey said...

"Summer of 69" by Bryan Adams

Dave Matthews...I LOVE Dave Matthews.