Saturday, February 04, 2006

2-7-08 Saturday plans

Kitty:

who is "macking" for the camera here (poser) is going to the vet today. It's time for bloodwork and such.
He's the diabetic one...and our only remaining baby. He's also 16yrs old, which in kitty years is 80.
He's not doing bad for 80 but he is getting a bit feeble and sometimes he stands in the bathroom and howls at nothing. We think it's his shadow maybe. He has cataracts and I'm sure nothing is all that clear. Poor kitty.

Then, I guess we're going to go out and buy food so we can couch all day tomorrow. Something about a football game or something. Whatever. I hope the guys in purple win. (hah)

Tra-la-la. Have a happy weekend.

7 comments:

Agnes said...

Good morning Christa. (or early afternoon anyway)
Thanks for good luck. I suppose the vet needs it more than I. Kitty still has teeth and claws and a real good idea about doctors.

I sure hope you're feeling better today.

Christa said...

Awwww....but he's adorable :D
Good luck at the vet and have a great weekend, Agnes :hugs:

Agnes said...

LOL I'm having the same problem...or I'm psychic. Woohoo.
(lottery ticket)

Happy Saturday Morning Tracey.

Agnes said...

7:30am..time to run and running late.
Have a good day. I'll try to visit again soon.

Christa said...

LOL...I thought I'd lost my mind when I was reading the comments here...haha...
And it's ok, mergrl...you can follow me around :p
Wanna know where I'm heading? LOL

Agnes said...

Pretty clean bill o' health for a blind, diabetic, 80yr old cat. :D
He has gained a pound (yea! 9.3lbs!) His heart sounds good. His teeth are crap (poor thing) and his hair is falling off because of the diabetes. (he's got a bald spot on his butt)
Aside from that he's doing well.
My sister and I laughed last night that he's going to be a 25yr old cat. He'll have a pacemaker and be on a little oxygen mask and walk around with a little kitty walker, but he'll still be here. LOL

To be honest, his health is a load off of my mind. Worry about losing another so soon has just been wearing me thin. Now I can relax and go back to praying for Spring.

tsduff said...

Your puss (with such a gorgeous coat) reminds me of our Big Kitty. She is a grand OLD lady, but you would never know it by looking at her, or by observing her kittenish breakouts! She is getting senile, and thinner. We don't know how old she actually is because we adopted her as an adult off the street. Often she wanders around the house howling as if maybe in pain, or who knows what. Other than drinking gallons of water day and night (which incontinently makes its way out on my porch floor if I'm not vigilant) she doesn't show much in the way of discomfort. Kitties - you gotta love em.