Saturday, February 04, 2006

back up

So I'm trying to backup the blog per the blogger instructions and I don't like the results.
Following the instructions I get nothing but a page of text.

I've decided it would be more productive to edit the source code to show all comments.
I can set the archiving to 999days using blogger's settings - and thus...see everything. Then save as should (maybe) work.

Problem is, I can't figure out what to change in the source code to show all comments.
The Blogger backup says to write over your entire template with this:
<--- -blogger>
AUTHOR: -$BlogItemAuthor$>
DATE: -$BlogItemDateTime$>
-----
BODY:
-$BlogItemBody$>
--------
-blogitemcommentsenabled>
-blogitemcomments>
COMMENT-AUTHOR:<$BlogCommentAuthor$>
COMMENT-DATE:<$BlogCommentDateTime$>
COMMENT-BODY:<$BlogCommentBody$>
--------
-/blogitemcomments>
-/blogitemcommentsenabled>
-/blogger>
--->
The part in green is the "show all comments" html.
(I had to change the "<" to "-" for the sake of this post but I know what it means.)

Now, I'm going to see if I can go blind trying to figure out WHERE to add that and what to delete to make it work.
I'm saying this in case things get very wonky around here.

Wish me luck.
Aggie

5 comments:

Agnes said...

testing this feature part one

Agnes said...

testing it again

Trée said...

Ahhh, I can leave a comment for my most excellent, most sexy blogger babe again. Ready for that ride hon? My tranlucent vessel has room for two. Bring your boots. :-D

Autumn Storm said...

Phew - comments again :-D

Agnes said...

Glad to see you all back. It was hours before I realized I'd knocked off our posting capabilities.

Lookie at the time of the posts? Autumn dear, you're not on our continent, right?
BTW, I do love your new profile pic. How wonderfully, subtly, suggestive.

Tracey, I think Autumn had a time-lag or something. LOL She seems to be back now.

Trée, Boots are on. Let's ditch this one-horse town!
(((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))))))