Thursday, February 16, 2006

2-16-06


Our list:
Home
Love
Soulmate
Sexy
Acceptance
Good Luck
Free Hand
Anytime
Got your back
Friend




These are words that give peace. These are some of the words we use to
shine our light into the darknes of other people's worlds.

My confession:
I have been terribly internal these past 7 weeks. Yesterday was the first time someone outside of my family truly needed some of those words from me. I find it odd that I had to summon up the courage to speak to her...as if it were "work".
Regardless, I did talk to her. I did find compassion and empathy but it was littered with "get over it" in my mind. That's just not like me.
"HOPE"
That's a very very important word. THAT must be given from our light of compassion to those suffering.
I just don't know where I stand with that word right now. It is as if the danged thing needs to be drug from the back of the closet and dusted off...shined even. It is not that I don't have hope, it just seems tarnished.

Ah well.
"Dear Jess, you WILL get into a good college. Not the one you wanted but you are a brilliant child. One reject letter just means your fate lies elsewhere. Where you go, you will find you were meant to be.
Acceptance will come soon enough."

Happy Thursday all.

13 comments:

Christa said...

"Hope" is such a difficult word because it can mean so many things. It all depends on your outlook on things and the world around you.
I hope things will get better :hugs:

Agnes said...

Good morning Christa. I was just on my way over.

Some piece of me knows that things will get better (I keep thinking that has to do with spring). This one is for a 20yr old who wants to "get out of her Mom's house" and take her 4.0 PreLaw GPA into a good college. She got burned and I'll say it was probably the biggest rejection of her life so far.
Poor kid. It sucks to say "Chit happnes kiddo. And it's gonna happen again in this life so you'd better get back on that horse and ride." She's so young. Youth thinks everything is forever.
Poor kid.

Christa said...

Ah...and yes, I agree. Life will bash her around more than once, that's for sure.
Burn wounds do heal though...but it might take a while since she's so young.

Hope your day is a good one :D

Autumn Storm said...

Awesome list we created :-)
It will all be okay, sweetie, always is in the end.
Much love to you on this beautiful Thursday, love and hugs, x

Trée said...

Sexy free hand. ROTFLMAO! Oh babe, if only you knew how my mind interpreted your post. :-D

illusions said...

A friend of mine got a rejected by Wharton, her first choice, for the interview round...I shall go take her to a compassionate dinner.

illusions said...

Also, have you considered inserting some powerful words as part of the graphic. For example, your list could be a part of the graphic. I suspect it'll look wicked.

Lindsey said...

I so hate that you've had to go through all of this.

My only consolation is knowing how much it has opened your eyes to the other things in your life. Made you conscious of all the little things we all take for granted.

Agnes said...

Christa, I suspect her burn wounds will heal much more quickly than ours would. Youth is far more resilient.

Tracey, I know that hope will come back. So I guess I have hope for hope, huh? ;)

Autumn, we're a pretty awesome group. So..awesome list. :)
Love to you too always dear.

Trée, LMAO...I can count on you can't I? Laughter is pretty danged close to hope! I just adore you!

Rupen, A compassionate dinner. That's a grand idea. It made me think of an old joke about putting the words "in bed" after everything you say and how funny that makes it. What if we inserted the word compassionat in every sentence. Hmmmm.
As for the graphic with the words, you have a beautiful imagination and you are very right. Unfortunately, I don't have much in the way of artistic programs yet. "Compassionate" artistic programs. ;)

Linny, you are so very right about opening my eyes. I can't believe the things I took for granted before. "Each other"...that would be the biggest thing. Not anymore.
Love to you. I do hope you're feeling better.

tsduff said...

I love the way you put all the good words together for us to see. What a great encourager you are.

Justin Thyme said...

Hey Agnes! There is just something about this post in particular that keeps drawing me back to it (in a good way of course)... I can't quite put my finger on it yet, but read it about a dozen times now... when I figure out exactly what has me so enraptured with it, I'll let you know... :-)

Hope all is well with you!

Agnes said...

Wow Justin. Thanks. I think the list should be longer. Wanna add?
The fractal made me think of "rays of hope" or "in the spotlight". What does it do for you?

Justin Thyme said...

The fractal definitely makes me think the same thing!
As for the list of what gives me peace, let's see... self-love comes immediately to mind... :-)