Monday, May 01, 2006

05-01-06 Wasting Space


I have one of those alarm clocks that wakes me up to radio jabber. This is not necessarily a good thing. One never knows what the first coherent syllables of the day may turn out to be. (Visual of the movie "Groundhog Day" here.)
This morning, I'm certain I awoke to the bottom of the food chain as far as news is concerned. The first thought of my day was,
"Tom Cruise has decided that Katie Holmes will be referred to as "KATE" Holmes from this day forward. Katie is a child's name, and since she is now a mother she can no longer be called by a child's name."

Now, I don't want to criticize another human being, so I'm going to attempt to be decent about this.
Could someone please whisper in ol' Tommy's ear that it is tacky to share your religious beliefs outside of your own family? I know squat about Scientology. I knock no one's faith ever Whatever gets you through the night is fine with me. However, if this particular faith had any hope of catching on, I'm pretty sure Tom has squished that like a freakish little bug. The longevity of this belief system drops every time he opens his mouth.

I am thrilled that the boy is in love. I am thrilled that he might actually decide to take part in the rearing of this particular offspring (doesn't he have others?). It is entirley possible that the media is just ripping the poor schmuck to peices with falshoods - BUT - if anyone should learn to lay low, it should be him and it should be now. Tom, hon, please - leave it at the door. Just a little advice from your caring fan, and your mom, and your wife and both of the people who ever thought you had a clue.

As for me, I'm going to put my radio on the classical station for a while.
If you're amused by tabloid-Tom's antics - here's a spiffy little blog.
ScienTOMology
And NO, I won't boycott the Mission Impossible movies. They're still fun and pretty well written.

Have a happy Monday. Try to keep it a little less happy than Tom's. People might think you're certifiable.

5 comments:

Christa said...

I agree with you about the name. That's just stupid. A lot of people back in Sweden still call me by my old nickname and I've been a mom for the past 23 years :p
Then again...of course I don't have Tom Cruise standing up for me to give instructions what people are allowed to call me or not :pp

As for the movie, I will most likely see it at some point too. I enjoyed the 2 former ones and the series when it was on TV. And that has very little to do with the Tomboy Cruise.

Have a great day, Agnes :D

Agnes said...

Good morning Christa. I think dear Tom gives us a little perspective on our own lives. At least we're not nutso in public...mostly. LOL
Ah well - maybe he'll be lucky enough to be happily nutso for the rest of his life. Maybe. Probably not.

Have a great Monday too Christa.

Lindsey said...

He is seriously annoying me. Is it just me or does it seem like he's controlling the hell out of her? She's just walkign around with this childhood crush and is blinded. Now she's got a kid and she's in for life. Poor girl. I've lost a lot of respect for Tom Cruise since this all went down.

Agnes said...

Linny, I couldn't agree more. I keep thinking, "will they look back and regret this part of their lives?" I hope not. Really. But when we get older we have to start seeing things that are "real". It would be nice to be a blissful idiot throughout life but I believe we must look back and take stock at some point.
Love makes stupid fools of all of us. I hope this is just true love. I hope, for her sake, it isn't superficial. It really does seem that she follows blindly along. What happens when she grows into her own mind? That child too?
Of course, there's the absolute knowledge that teenagers rebel. That kid's likely to give them on helluva reality fix come teen years. LOL

Phred said...

Tom who ??