Wednesday, May 10, 2006

5-10-06 Some are more profound than others....



First spot on the news this morning was about Steve Vaught. Steve is a man who came to a crossroads in his life and decided to take the path less traveled. He did it to lose weight. He did it to find himself. He did it for peace of mind.
He has been successful.
I'm quite impressed.

So...a shout-out to Steve Vaught. Way to go! Well done!
Here's a link to his site: FatManWalking.com

It's hard to find inspiring stories in the news these days. I think Steve does just fine there.
I sincerely hope that the end of his trip is just the beginning of his journey.

Have a happy and inspired Wednesday all.

5 comments:

Christa said...

That's one heck of an adventure :D
Hope you'll have a good Wedgeday, Agnes :hugs:

Agnes said...

You too Christa. I'm taking my inspiration wherever I can get it. :)

Autumn Storm said...

What an amazing story, such a thing really appeals to me, just imagine all the experiences he would have along the way, all the people he would meet. Some story to tell the grandkids :-)
There was a British woman some years ago, who walked around the world. The details are fuzzy, but if I remember correctly, it took her 6 years.
Happy Wednesday, x

Agnes said...

Pretty impressive, huh?
Wow - 6yrs. What an adventure.
Of course, all I can think is "Where'd they get the money? Who's paying the bills?" LOL

Autumn Storm said...

Funny enough there was an article about this guy the very next day (Friday) in one of the local papers :-)